Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I just got a vBulletin message that searching has been disabled & now I can't seem to locate any search functions? Is this down for updating, an error, or something else?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
I just hope we don't get too many threads on this... you know... cause people would search first before posting. :D

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I just hope we don't get too many threads on this... you know... cause people would search first before posting. :D
Yes, if they search first, they would have found this thread.... or not! :D

I think the fact that there are so few responses to this thread and no other threads on this indicates how many don't use the search function (although I usually use Google to search the forum).

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Where the hell is my new post's button? I hate that abortion that is forum spy.

And a community button. How quaint.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Yes, if they search first, they would have found this thread.... or not! :D

I think the fact that there are so few responses to this thread and no other threads on this indicates how many don't use the search function (although I usually use Google to search the forum).

:) I did that earlier looking for some retina wallpapers. How would one go about investigating someone's post/thread history via Google, though?

----------

Where the hell is my new post's button? I hate that abortion that is forum spy.

And a community button. How quaint.

Hah. I had never actually clicked on the "Community" button before. :confused:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
:) I did that earlier looking for some retina wallpapers. How would one go about investigating someone's post/thread history via Google, though?
It won't be as effective as the forum search, which distinguishes posts made from threads started, but you can Google the member name and time-restrict the search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.