Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Does anyone care about this other than the trolls on Engadget and CNET?

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
I'm happy Apple have not succeeded at this.

Samsung and Google have a great product and we all deserve the choice to buy it if we want.

Competition is great. My money is going on Samsung for my next phone. 4 years on iOS has been disappointing to say the least.

I still think that IOS 6 is better that android, and will be for awhile. But if your'e against IOS, WP8 would be a better choice than android in my opinion.

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
Well good for GNex fans - this is one phone that I've not been able to hate.

I've hated on and replaced almost every other phone but I just can't seem to dislike my GNex.

The form factor, the thinness, the steady stream of updates that actually make things butter (er better), excellent custom rom support and decent battery life - you could only ask for a better display and louder speaker but I am not complaining - $349 unlocked - for my money it doesn't get better than that!

By the way it seems to be selling well enough that Samsung/Google actually care that the ban be lifted!

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
Kind of makes me think that one the last day, two extra judges should sit in on a case, then.

I'm more worried about the fact the first judgement was wrong!

Annnd that's why we have Judo matches structured that way :) One referee and two corner judges if the referee is wrong.

Legal system could learn from Judo :p

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
I'll never understand how a court of law can make a decision only for the appeals court to change that decision.

Shouldn't the original judge now be fired or something? What makes the appeal court more correct than the original court?

These are good Q's but operate under the assumption that courts and laws and the notion of justice itself are anything more than self-organized dilly-dallying devised to pacify the peasants.

It's fluff.

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA

you are trolling. it's the court result. no matter how previous verdict went, now apple can't demand $1 billions. it turned out that apple took advantage of its soil. judge Koh was just so pro-apple. she was working for representing apple before. so figure. apple lawsuit is just the most stupid idea in history. now, it is ruined reputation. stock has continued to fall down to ground. apple can't keep high demand by iPhone 5 order. because Samsung is only one who can keep up that many demand on time. coming December, it will be obvious that previous verdict was prejudice. Samsung will win clearly. apple has been so arrogant.

Padraig

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
The standard of reporting and the quality of articles from your staff are in the toilet Arn. How about you exercise some quality control?

Aug 26, 2008
Wow MacRumors really put the Apple spin on this story. You should really include the actual panel's reasoning for lifting the ban. You should also include their comments about judge Koh's actions.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA

You clicked into the thread. And posted. Clearly you care.

Agreed. If anyone wants a samsung phone they can get it at anytime.

No lines or backorder since the demand is so low.;)

Right - because it's horrible to not have to wait to buy a phone that one wants? It's definitely so much better to have to wait weeks to get a phone that you want. Because clearly having a phone you have to wait for and/or a phone that everyone else has is better than one you will actually prefer.

The accomplished what they set out to do. Keep the GNex off the shelves during the iPhone 5 launch that really makes it a win..

Not really - within days there was a software patch. Sales weren't really halted at all.

aristotle

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Canada
Comments like this always boil my blood.
He/she made a comment based on personal opinion and so suddenly it's "ok bye" like they are leaving some illustrious club? The never said they were leaving MacRumors or other areas of Apple products.
Come on people, it's a PHONE. Get over yourselves.

/rage
You don't see the irony of your post? You are raging in support of an obvious troll trying to bait people into a flamewar. It is just a phone but I don't go into Android fan sites to extoll the virtues of iOS.

The best solution is to simply add trolls to your ignore list. Your attempt to appear "balanced" is not helping because you are only encouraging them even more.

I learned long ago that appeasement never works. You can never walk on the middle of the road because those you are trying reach on the other side will try to pull you in. They will never accept you and never respect you. You are going to garner more respect if you stick to your guns while being respectful. Don't let them see you as weak.

cotak

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
This phone barely scratched the surface, it only counts for less than 0.5% of the smart phone market, to be honest I am surprised.

Of all the bloatware-loaded Samsung (and other vendors) phones, Nexus provides 'pure' Android experience, which according to many is the best experience. The phone comes with 'just right' mid-level specs (for example, HSPA+ rather than LTE, but still fast) and is as universal as it gets (it works seemlessly with AT&T and T-Mobile). and a KILLER price of $350 unlocked, free on contract. Why did it not sell?

I think Samsung themsleves did it out of some sort of a previous deal or obligation, they wanted it to fail.

It sold pretty well here in Canada. I have seen so many of them on the subway. I use one as well. When it launched it was sold out pretty quickly. Not as crazy as a iPhone launch but took me a week to get one.

It's a nice phone but I know a lot of people who waited for the S3 because they wanted something higher spec and they knew it was coming. And you had the note launching not too long after either. And if you wanted big screen the note trumps the nexus.

The real adventage is the constant updates from Google. Otherwise you don't get as much build in features/software as say the S3. Which means resorting to apps. No big deal but for some people that's all the differences they need to not buy it.

Also, this phone wasn't advertised much. I think the only Ads they had was posters in store and ads telling you the phone cost X on a contract. Otherwise no tv ads nothing.

uknowimright

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2011
“To establish a sufficiently strong causal nexus, Apple must show that consumers buy the Galaxy Nexus because it is equipped with the apparatus claimed in the ’604 patent — not because it can search in general, and not even because it has unified search.”

AgRacer

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2011
So basically, it doesnt matter if you steal someone else's property, as long as you are making very little money from it.

Makes sense.

Apple has stolen lots of ideas (which is what this was about, not property) and they are the most valuable company in the world.:rolleyes:

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
You don't see the irony of your post? You are raging in support of an obvious troll trying to bait people into a flamewar. It is just a phone but I don't go into Android fan sites to extoll the virtues of iOS.

The best solution is to simply add trolls to your ignore list. Your attempt to appear "balanced" is not helping because you are only encouraging them even more.

I learned long ago that appeasement never works. You can never walk on the middle of the road because those you are trying reach on the other side will try to pull you in. They will never accept you and never respect you. You are going to garner more respect if you stick to your guns while being respectful. Don't let them see you as weak.

Who cares what other people think if you stay true to yourself. It's called integrity. How is this being "weak?" Why do you assume he's trying to middle of the road anything by his comment? He stated what I and others think as well - that just because someone states they are going with a different phone/computer/etc doesn't mean they don't have a vested interest or other tech that is Apple and is just as welcome on this forum as someone who chooses to be "all Apple."

Further - there's nothing wrong with extolling the virtues of a competitor of Apple's. Do you really want forums that are filled with completely like minded people who ONLY think like you. Who ONLY praise Apple and everything they do. That they believe no one can come close to Apple's experience.

How boring.

topmounter

macrumors 68030
Jun 18, 2009
FEMA Region VIII
I have a Google Nexus One in the drawer and the hardware is wonderful (too bad Gingerbread is crap :(). I'm hoping the next Google Nexus phone will be from HTC.

I can not abide this cheap plastic Samsung crap.

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
Let people buy those Samsung phones

Great Screen
ICS
Premium Price

Cheap plastic Bezel

Nothing but the best from our friends in Korea....

ICS? What are you talking about? You mean Jellybean, right? You're right, that premium price of $350 unlocked is very expensive. :rolleyes: Cheap plastic bezel? Do you mean like the iPhone 5 that bends and gets nicked easily? It's produced by our friends in China, just like the iPhone.

I own an iPhone 5 now but I had a Galaxy Nexus. It's a terrific phone and the only reason I left it behind was because I rely on iMessages. Service by me is spotty so it's the only way I can get messages at the places I'm at the most. There is no perfect solution suitable for every single person. People buy based on their needs. (at least some of us do)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.