Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1 iron

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Infinite Loop
Do you think a memoriam will be on Apple's homepage? Not to the extent of SJ's, but something to acknowledge his contribution?

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I remember they had a memorial on their homepage for some guy who was affiliated with Apple in some way. I forgot, maybe he was a board member?

Surely they would do it for the co-founder of their company even if he is no longer actively involved with the company anymore.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
I'm sure they will ... Not with the same intensity but he also played an important role in Apples early times. But I hope not any time soon to test our guess.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Woz can easily live another 30 or more years. The question is will Apple be around that long? You never know.....

In my region of the San Jose area, that is all too true. It seems like one minute big HQs or valley outposts of Digital and Intel is up, then IBM or HP, then Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Apple, etc and I certainly hope Woz and Apple are here for a long time.

That being said, Woz will still be likeable billionaire who many credit with inventing the home/small business computer and Apple, who started as a computer company, can easily be fully only into just music and small consumer electronic goods in the future. Apple is the type of company with the drive and ambition to branch out into any form of technology (or entertainment) and succeed. Apple is a lot like Richard Branson's multi-tiered empire, Virgin.

As the idea for privatized space travel becomes more viable, silicon valley will be jumping all over that one and become one of the "space" capitals.

If Woz goes before Apple, the company will have to remember him publicly. After all, he came up with the hardware and software while Jobs was the basically non-technical marketing guy. It was Woz who stuck with computers when Jobs thought of the (then) stupid idea of using Apple for the telecommunications business. It's funny and ironic how Apple now makes far more money with iPhone and related products than they do with computers. I think Jobs was always way ahead of his time and the main business visionary while Wozniak was the inventor. Apple could not have succeeded without either of them. That being said, Jobs was so good at marketing that he could have taken any company into prominence and it just happened that he was a computer mogul first, before a music or film or smartphone leader. Had it been a viral business with extremely loyal followers like Dunkin' Donuts, Harley Davidson (during second wind), the Mazda Miata, or Twitter, Steve Jobs could have built and led any of those. On that short list, of course, Apple is mentioned among them.

Last edited:

SimonUK5

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2010
With out Woz apple isn't anything.

He'll be on their front page. As big as Steve was

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.