Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shnur

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Hello,
I've been trying to slim down OS X because I have a small SSD; one of the steps I've taken was to delete everything I could delete; unfortunately that included the Reminders app. :eek:

Now I don't have it on my computer and since I've bought my iPhone, I started using Siri and it would be really nice to have it back. Any ideas? :)

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Possibly only via a reinstall, I don't know if there is anyway to get it from the DMG file when you download it from the store, instead of actually reinstalling... not sure though.

Really wish Apple would put all their default apps on their store.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hello,
I've been trying to slim down OS X because I have a small SSD; one of the steps I've taken was to delete everything I could delete; unfortunately that included the Reminders app. :eek:

Now I don't have it on my computer and since I've bought my iPhone, I started using Siri and it would be really nice to have it back. Any ideas? :)

Looks like it is only 12.4MB. PM me your email address and I'll email you a copy of Reminders.app in a ZIP.

Shnur

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Thanks guys!
Sorry I didn't reply earlier, forgot about this thread.

What I ended up doing; asked my friend to send me the Reminder.app in a zip file & I've installed it like regular apps (drag & drop in app folder); then I launched it and it re-created all its dependencies and it is working fine.

Just in case somebody has a similar issue! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.