Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
New York
Call them and give them your exact address, they will be able to see in their system what's up, down or coming up.

I did.....I told them a town 15 minutes from me has LTE...when should I get it in my area.....*Rep put me on hold to find out more info* came back and told me a year from now

tumblr_ln5u21Ku4c1qjnfsmo1_400.gif

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I held back on iPhone 5 due to it's issues and now here's another reason to hold back some more. The phone offers promise that the service providers haven't caught up with yet. :eek: Patiently waiting with my launch day 4 parked on Straight Talk, giving me practically double the service at half of AT&T's prior price.

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
New York
Drove to queens today and for the first time since owning the 5...I saw LTE. Very fast...now only if they flip the switch on for massapequa.

l.i. bruce fan

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
So the end of the year came and went without the rest of Nassau County getting LTE.

I didn't call to ask AT&T cause I'm sure the answer would be Hurricane Sandy messed up their deployment plans, but has anyone else heard anything?

l.i. bruce fan

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

So the end of the year came and went without the rest of Nassau County getting LTE.

I didn't call to ask AT&T cause I'm sure the answer would be Hurricane Sandy messed up their deployment plans, but has anyone else heard anything?

l.i. bruce fan

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
2 weeks ago I had to speak with technical support. I asked them the same question and he stated there are plans to start on the towers here in massapequa park......looking like a June completion date:(

By the time AT&T fully builds out LTE, everyone else will be more than halfway done with whatever comes after LTE. I'm not surprised...

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Don't any of you have... I don't know... broadband at home?

I've always found AT&T's HSPA service to be quite good. Otherwise I find my broadband faster than LTE in just about every way I can think of.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
By the time AT&T fully builds out LTE, everyone else will be more than halfway done with whatever comes after LTE. I'm not surprised...

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Only VZW and AT&T have any significant rollout of LTE right now. VZW has went on record to say they will be done with LTE by end of 2013. AT&T a year after that.

T-Mobile has zero and Sprint keeps constantly delaying their rollouts. Let's not forget T-Mobile is still deploying 3G in most areas.

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
tech question what exactly do they have to do to existing towers to turn LTE on?

They have to install LTE equipment on each (usually 2-3 days per tower) tower and then activate the equipment on the correct frequency/band. :)

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
In East Meadow, all of a sudden I am getting 4 bars LTE. When they turned on LTE in western nassau county last year, I was outside of its range. Looks like they might be expanding eastward, or at least testing it.

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
In East Meadow, all of a sudden I am getting 4 bars LTE. When they turned on LTE in western nassau county last year, I was outside of its range. Looks like they might be expanding eastward, or at least testing it.

Hmm, since they launched it I have gotten 5 bars around Home Depot and EMHS and maybe 1 bar on my iPad east of Newbridge.

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Hmm, since they launched it I have gotten 5 bars around Home Depot and EMHS and maybe 1 bar on my iPad east of Newbridge.

I am by MeadowBrook elementary, but looks like I just switched back to 4g so.

Edit: and now I am back to LTE. Here is what I am getting, right off newbridge and salsbury park drive.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 48
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.