Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uelogy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Hey all.

Just wanted to see if anyone here is getting this issue?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4368068?start=0&tstart=0

Immediately on wake up to the unlock screen, my iPhone will have a green plasma-like border bleed onto the screen. It is responsive to touch, moving/shifting and often becoming more pronounced.

It goes away after a second or two, but the issue is getting worse day by day. Am going to Apple on the weekend to get it checked.

Last edited:

Uelogy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
It happens so fast it's impossible to catch. Also it appears to be hardware so a software screenshot doesn't work.

Have a look at the apple support page I linked. Someone made a good example.

Uelogy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Yeah it's really hard to capture. Sorry.

Just thought I would share my experience in case anyone else is having similar issues, let them know they're not alone.

From the apple support forum sounds like a batch from initial launch. Lets hope it's small/isolated and us impacted have no troubles seeking help from apple. :)

Uelogy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
I'm on 16gb black.

To be perfectly honest, it's almost a non-issue - as it does dissolve after a sec or so, however the fact it's there at all is unsettling and is getting more noticeable over time.

I'll let you know how I go with Apple tomorrow.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Maybe your iPhone is possessed by a spirit who has the sole purpose of inconveniencing you for a second or two....

(I know that isn't a helpful answer, but you already said you're going to Apple and they'll most likely replace it if you can replicate it for them)

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010
Hey all.

Just wanted to see if anyone here is getting this issue?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4368068?start=0&tstart=0

Immediately on wake up to the unlock screen, my iPhone will have a green plasma-like border bleed onto the screen. It is responsive to touch, moving/shifting and often becoming more pronounced.

It goes away after a second or two, but the issue is getting worse day by day. Am going to Apple on the weekend to get it checked.

Sounds cool. I'd keep it

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
this guy has a very minor version of your issue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFEcIxJBkUE

I doubt apple will hassle you at all. Hopefully they have a replacement to give you though.

definitely DO get it swapped though. This is a very oddball problem, and i for one wouldnt want to wait around to see how bad it gets over time.

Uelogy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Yes! That's it! Amazed he got it so clear on film. Mine appears around all four borders. I will be bookmarking that video to help explain to Apple, as it happens intermittently. Thank you! :)

JCfromTB

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa Bay, FL
This happened to a friend also. The phone started to glow green, next thing you know, he is growing uncontrollably, ripping his clothes, he turned green himself......

Uelogy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
No not really. There are huge differences between a camera and an organic eye.

Additionally, I stated I was surprised it was 'so clear'.

Finally, you need to let go - there are more important things to get your panties in a knot over.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
But a video camera is essentially an eye. So if you can see it with ur eye, you can see it in a video. Not very shocking at all.

I thought that at the heart of it was the unpredictability of the occurrences. It's one thing if you can anticipate & prepare for something happening every time but quite another to be able to capture the random timing of it, whether on video or still.

BTW, no knots here. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.