Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattBookBower

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Bournemouth, England
Hi, morning all.

I have seen the video for the Blue LED Lightning cable on the front page of the website, and noticed they have a charging dock, I would really like one of these for my office but am unable to find one online or on the Apple Store website?

Does anyone know if these are available for the iPhone 5 to buy anywhere? I am within the UK, but am happy to internationally order if that is the case.

I have attached a pic, but I'm sure you know what I mean already...

Thanks

Attachments

• Dock....jpg
    Dock....jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,185

MattBookBower

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Bournemouth, England
I'm thinking that the link that I posted in my previous post is going to be my best bet, they don't do a white one though which is a bit annoying, will have to go for the Aluminium one I think.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
This has been discussed in the Accessories section.

Long story short, it is tempting to get such a cool dock... BUT you can risk the phone by using an unauthorized charger.

There is a better solution (and this is the route I took)

Braeburn Acoustics has a dock that will use your existing Lightning cable. It also allows sound to play through the dock itself which is pretty neat.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Im waiting for a 3rd party dock for the i5 too.
Im not paying $60-70 for one from Apple.
Its nuts what they charge for accessories like that when they shouldnt cost any more than $15-20.
Even that one from the link above with the wire and shipping is $66.
WTF?

markmen

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
Hi, morning all.

I have seen the video for the Blue LED Lightning cable on the front page of the website, and noticed they have a charging dock, I would really like one of these for my office but am unable to find one online or on the Apple Store website?

Does anyone know if these are available for the iPhone 5 to buy anywhere? I am within the UK, but am happy to internationally order if that is the case.

I have attached a pic, but I'm sure you know what I mean already...

Thanks

I think you can buy the dock from amazon. Ordered mine on Amazon.com but i think they are available on Amazon UK as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shenit-Charging-Docking-Lightning-connector/dp/B009PJGACO/

http://www.amazon.com/Shenit-Charging-Docking-Lightning-connector/dp/B009PJGACO/

gobluejd

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2012
NW Indiana
Guys - I am in the process of designing a all Aluminum dock that will use your OEM cable. It will be machined out a block of aluminum. I am hoping to have a prototype by next week. After that I will get some input from you guys and then hope to be selling the week after.

On Monday I will start a thread showing the drawings and renderings, make a few tweaks.

Right now I am trying to make it look nice. I am a engineer for a small company and have a friend (http://www.kingheads.com - RC car part maker) who is going to machine these for me. The first few will be sold around $70 but I think if I get enough interest coud bring down to $50-60. Also if we get enough purchases in groups, I may be able to anodize them as well.

Be back here with a new thread to show it.

Thanks!!

MattBookBower

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Bournemouth, England
This has been discussed in the Accessories section.

Long story short, it is tempting to get such a cool dock... BUT you can risk the phone by using an unauthorized charger.

There is a better solution (and this is the route I took)

Braeburn Acoustics has a dock that will use your existing Lightning cable. It also allows sound to play through the dock itself which is pretty neat.

This is my only concern, the one form Amazon looks pretty decent though, has anyone gone for one of these yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.