Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

effectivepull

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
I'm looking for a swipe gesture that will allow me to swipe back to my most recently used previous app. I'm running Mountain Lion.

That probably doesn't make too much sense so here's my example. When I'm in Reeder (rss aggregator) and I see a post I want to view in Chrome, I switch over to Chrome (via keyboard shortcut within Reeder or clicking the link with the track pad). I would like to set up a swipe gesture to allow me to swipe back to Reeder without having to invoke LaunchBar. I would like just a simple swipe and voila! Back to Reeder.

Possible or am I just ridiculously lazy?

Thanks all!

Zerozal

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
PA
Probably not exactly what you want, but a few options:

You can use Mission Control (4 finger swipe up) to show all windows, then click on the one you want. Granted, this is a gesture and a click, but stilll..
or
If both apps are fullscreen, you can swipe back and forth between then with 3-finger swipe (configurable)

effectivepull

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
I found a way

Man, I deserve the mild jabbing. Rereading my post, I look extremely lazy!

Here's that I've jimmy rigged. I am using Better Touch Tool and setup 3-Finger Swipe left click to execute the Command + Tab keyboard shortcut. That seems to work and I don't have to move my fingers all the way up the Tab button.

(I really am not a lazy person). ;)

Thanks, all. Now if I can only get my refrigerator to deliver me a beer via a swipe gesture...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.