Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sfchky03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
So basically this is my battery life with a full reset settings done. I also try to drain the battery completely and charge it. Let me know what are your thoughts?

My usage.
Mild text and calls
Facebook browsing
Words with friends (Game)

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    106.3 KB · Views: 161

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
So basically this is my battery life with a full reset settings done. I also try to drain the battery completely and charge it. Let me know what are your thoughts?

My usage.
Mild text and calls
Facebook browsing

Mine is typically 8 hours usage, 12 hours standby.

Music all day at work, Simpsons Tapped Out every 2 hours :)D), Other games on and off, Facebook, internet, email and texts/calls.

Over night charge will usually do me until about 8pm in the evening from a 7am unplug.

About the same as my 4S tbh.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo

Music all day at work, Simpsons Tapped Out every 2 hours :)D), Other games on and off, Facebook, internet, email and texts/calls.

Over night charge will usually do me until about 8pm in the evening from a 7am unplug.

Wow you both have better than reported battery life....

I'm lucky to get 3 1/2 to 4 hours usage and 7-8 standby with moderate usage. I don't even listen to music on it at work. I check one game every hour and that's it.

sfchky03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
just a thought, my iphone 4 lasts 2 days without charging, and usually middle of the 3rd day i'll be charging it. for iphone 5 usually i charge once a day.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Cant answer unless you describe your use.
I got 5hour37min usage, 2 days 20 hours standby, 1% left.
I have MCell, WIFI at home, BT on, LTE on, Brightness at about 40%

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Cant answer unless you describe your use.
I got 5hour37min usage, 2 days 20 hours standby, 1% left.
I have MCell, WIFI at home, BT on, LTE on, Brightness at about 40%

That's pretty crazy.. I also use MCell, Wifi, BT... brightness 50%. I only get ~ 12 hours standby, 6.5 hour usage. :(

I do, however, get emails pushed all day and push twitter notifications.

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
Here's mine as of right now (and coincidentally my best ever iPhone usage time):

0B20619D-49DF-4C84-874B-6B8427F4473F-12207-000004B1BF7375E8.jpg

This was on LTE all day yesterday (work), and on wifi all day today. I was a bit under 5 hours of usage time yesterday evening. This usage time consists of about 5 minutes of phone call time, about 25 minutes music playing this morning on my run, and all the rest iMessage/texting and web browsing/email. Set at 50% brightness with auto brightness off, push off, fetch manually. I continue to be impressed with this phone. I'd usually be charging my 4S by lunch time during the work week, and on the 5 I haven't even had to charge my phone once at work yet.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012

My usage.
Mild text and calls
Facebook browsing

Thats not bad battery life.

The settings I have off on my iPhone 5 to maximize battery life are:

-Limit ad tracking
-email and icloud set to manual instead of fetch/push
-bluetooth off
-location services off
-Apple diagnostics results thing to Dont Send
-set automatic time zone off
-notifications off for most apps i dont want to be notified for

----------

Pretty amazing considering the phone has LTE and a bigger screen with basically the same exact sized battery as the previous iPhones

ddehr026

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2010
Mine seems really bad compared to you guys. Wonder if I should go get it checked out....

Attachments

• IMG_0017.PNG
    IMG_0017.PNG
    92.2 KB · Views: 62

cfs112

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
For moderate usage 6 1/2 seems normal. I'm getting closer to 10-12 hours though. Lots of emailing, checking stocks, Tiny Towers, lots of text messaging, taking photos, checking news and 1 or 2 phone calls. I probably un-lock and use my iPhone once every 10 minutes to do or check on something. What helped preserve battery life was changing the brightness setting to low, turning bluetooth off, and disabling some of the location services. That should give you at most another 2 hours. For the user that only gets 1-2 hours, yeah, that sounds like a faulty battery, take it to the genius bar and bring that screen shot of the usage.

pyroza

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2009
408/310
just a thought, my iphone 4 lasts 2 days without charging, and usually middle of the 3rd day i'll be charging it. for iphone 5 usually i charge once a day.

Same, but of course I'm using LTE with the 5 which drains the battery a lot quicker. If I used only 3G, it would probably be a bit better than my 4 simply because it hasn't gone through nearly as many battery cycles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.