Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Hey all,

Anyone else seeing weird behavior with BDMV folders on Mountain Lion? When I go to convert my files using Handbrake, instead of the usual "BDMV" folder, I see this:

ScreenShot2012-05-07at92808AM.png

The "BDMV" file is 45GB (which is the size of the rip). What's weird is that its kind is listed as "AVCHD Collection".

When I right click it, I get this, like what you would see when you right click an iPhoto Library:

ScreenShot2012-05-07at92823AM.png

Finally, if I select "Show Package Contents", I can see the actual file structure:

ScreenShot2012-05-07at92834AM.png

So...anyone else having these weird issues? Right now I can't convert anything as right clicking isn't enabled file select dialog boxes. Seems like Apple is kinda-sorta expanding support for HD files.

Nov 28, 2010
located
You could drag the content you want to transcode in HandBrake into another folder on the same HDD, thus no copying should occur. You should be then able to open the files in HandBrake.

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
You could drag the content you want to transcode in HandBrake into another folder on the same HDD, thus no copying should occur. You should be then able to open the files in HandBrake.

Yeah, that's an option. I'm trying to avoid copy 50 GB of stuff, though. I'm now more curious as to why all the sudden there seems to be a change in BDMV support. Up until DP3 everything behaved as normal, now it's like OS X recognizes it, but doesn't have a codec installed.

Weird.

Dmnchild

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
If you drag the contents out of the 'Show Package Contents' option into another directory, it turns the BDMV into a directory. If you put them back it shows as a package again. But, whatever directory you put them in doesnt show as a package... Unless its named BDMV..

swampf0etus

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2012
I found this trick to get at the .m2ts file within the BDMV bundle.

1. In Handbrake's Open dialog, go to the folder containing your BDMV bundle.
2. Type "m2ts" into the search box in the top right of the dialog.
3. Change "Search: This Mac" to the folder you're in.
4. You should now be able to see the .m2ts files within the bundle, which can be selected for Handbrake to open.

Hope this helps.

jamesschmidtke

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2008
I found this trick to get at the .m2ts file within the BDMV bundle.

1. In Handbrake's Open dialog, go to the folder containing your BDMV bundle.
2. Type "m2ts" into the search box in the top right of the dialog.
3. Change "Search: This Mac" to the folder you're in.
4. You should now be able to see the .m2ts files within the bundle, which can be selected for Handbrake to open.

Hope this helps.

Love You swampf0etus!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.