Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Castle87

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
I haven't read all the pages but if you're not watching Breaking Bad your life is ridiculously meaningless and sad. You can try to fill the empty void you call a life with other programming but it's just not the same.

Edit: Just read the pages and I'm the first one to mention this show?!?!?! Did Bryan Cranston or Vince Gilligan burn an apple device on live tv or something and alienate the base? How did this thread go 6 pages without a mention when it's constantly touted as the best show on television?

Last edited:

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
Downton Abbey- Good human drama series on PBS, Masterpiece theater about a pre-WWI English family (titled) and their servants. Part 4 was this last Sunday. According to IMBD it was first shown in Oct 2010. Don't know if it is available on demand.

The other shows I am currently watching are:
Big Love- Watching the Hendricks come apart. (last season HBO)
Dexter- show is on hiatus. Has held my interest over the years. (Showtime)
True Blood- I'm watching but disappointed in this series as compared to the books.
Boardwalk Empire- show on hiatus. Good enough to watch.
Modern Family- Pretty good replacement for Everyone Loves Raymond. :)

Thinking about:
V- I'm mulling over if I should give it a second chance. (ABC)

V is a good short little series. It doesn't really wrap up and doesn't have a positive ending, but hey it got cancelled. No time for wrap ups. I'm into the new TV show Revolution. Though it seems extremely similar to V, Fallingskies, WalkingDead and all those other end of the world style series. It even features a lot of actors from them too. Still interesting though!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
V is a good short little series. It doesn't really wrap up and doesn't have a positive ending, but hey it got cancelled. No time for wrap ups. I'm into the new TV show Revolution. Though it seems extremely similar to V, Fallingskies, WalkingDead and all those other end of the world style series. It even features a lot of actors from them too. Still interesting though!

I must be picky. I did not like V, nor Falling Skys, nor Invasion, and sadly not Revolution either. Revolution just did not have the edge I seek. Deep down I'm looking for something that is amazing, like Lost and so far mostly disappointment although I'm loving the Walking Dead since the beginning. The first season of Walking Dead was at the top of my list for excellent adventure/post-apocalyptic story telling TV. :D

Castle87

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
I must be picky. I did not like V, nor Falling Skys, nor Invasion, and sadly not Revolution either. Revolution just did not have the edge I seek. Deep down I'm looking for something that is amazing, like Lost and so far mostly disappointment although I'm loving the Walking Dead since the beginning. The first season of Walking Dead was at the top of my list for excellent adventure/post-apocalyptic story telling TV. :D

Did you not see my post? There's a reason why Breaking Bad got 13 Emmy Noms this year. It is far and away the best show on television, period. Lost was amazing the first 3 seasons then fell apart. Breaking Bad has gotten better every season. You won't regret watching it.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Did you not see my post? There's a reason why Breaking Bad got 13 Emmy Noms this year. It is far and away the best show on television, period. Lost was amazing the first 3 seasons then fell apart. Breaking Bad has gotten better every season. You won't regret watching it.

I did. I did not like Breaking Bad either, sorry... :) I did not like the self destructive nature of the main character.

Reactions: AZhappyjack

charlesbronsen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
Toronto, Ont
I haven't read all the pages but if you're not watching Breaking Bad your life is ridiculously meaningless and sad. You can try to fill the empty void you call a life with other programming but it's just not the same.

Edit: Just read the pages and I'm the first one to mention this show?!?!?! Did Bryan Cranston or Vince Gilligan burn an apple device on live tv or something and alienate the base? How did this thread go 6 pages without a mention when it's constantly touted as the best show on television?

^^^This x2. By far the best show on TV.
I also just started watching 'Treme" from the creator of The Wire. So far so good, worth a look IMO.

Last edited:

Castle87

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
I did. I did not like Breaking Bad either, sorry... :) I did not like the self destructive nature of the main character.

:eek::mad::(:confused:

Well, that is the entire premise of the show. The deconstruction of Walter White. If you're not into that then I guess the show isn't for you.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I've just starting watching this and it has taken over my life and I'm watching the fifth series now. I thought that the fourth was the best. Not as keen on the latest series but still good!

We watched this season's Dexter premier... Very Interesting development carried over from last season. In fact Wow! spoiler> Dexter's got Deb functioning as a reluctant, tortured, suedo accomplice.<end spoiler. :):)

dexter.jpg

We also caught up with the end of Season 3 Vampire Diaries. Lots of stuff going on, including the shocker ending! :p Season 4 starts on Oct 11.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
So, I'm trying to keep my promise to myself about not starting any new primetime network shows because they all just end up cancelled anyway. But, last night my wife made me watch the new ABC show Last Resort with Andre Braugher. I must say... not too bad in terms of entertainment.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
So, I'm trying to keep my promise to myself about not starting any new primetime network shows because they all just end up cancelled anyway. But, last night my wife made me watch the new ABC show Last Resort with Andre Braugher. I must say... not too bad in terms of entertainment.

Maybe something along the same lines, but something possessed me and the wife to watch the first 3 episodes of Homeland, Season 1. We may be hooked. Fortunately it's on demand at Showtime.

MV5BNzc4ODQzMTgxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjA4NDMyOA@@._V1._SY317_CR20,0,214,317_.jpg

Last edited:

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Anyone watch the Chicago Fire pilot? I really enjoyed it. I read reviews about it, and how it viewed lower than expected, but the one positive I got out of most review is that whoever did view, stayed with it throughout the full hour. It wasnt the best thing I ever saw on tv, but I would definitely watch it again.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Maybe something along the same lines, but something possessed me and the wife to watch the first 3 episodes of Homeland, Season 1. We may be hooked. Fortunately it's on demand at Showtime.

Homeland is awesome. My wife and I watched the first season as it aired last year and she still talks about the season finale. We actually just picked up Showtime on our Uverse package so we can watch the current seasons of Dexter and Homeland. We'll cancel it again after the seasons are over.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Anyone watch the Chicago Fire pilot? I really enjoyed it. I read reviews about it, and how it viewed lower than expected, but the one positive I got out of most review is that whoever did view, stayed with it throughout the full hour. It wasnt the best thing I ever saw on tv, but I would definitely watch it again.

I watched it and it wasn't bad. I'll keep an eye on it. I do like last resort a lot.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
To get the point across, 4 identical replies were not really necessary were they? :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should step back for a second and ask yourself that given the recent server issues at MacRumors, was it my absolute doing or intention? The answer, for people like yourself, is no. If I wanted to get my point across, I am sure I'd find another way. I'm sorry that it is difficult for you to understand something as trivial as that. I've asked the mods to fix it before you lose your ****. :rolleyes:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Perhaps you should step back for a second and ask yourself that given the recent server issues at MacRumors, was it my absolute doing or intention? The answer, for people like yourself, is no. If I wanted to get my point across, I am sure I'd find another way. I'm sorry that it is difficult for you to understand something as trivial as that. I've asked the mods to fix it before you lose your ****. :rolleyes:

MOD NOTE: The forums were experiencing server problems overnight causing users to have multiple posts appear.

Unaware of server issue, my apologies. :D:D

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Homeland (Showtime)- Caught up to the second episode of Season2...it's bubbling over with goodness. :) If starting new, you'd have to start at the beginning.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Homeland (Showtime)- Caught up to the second episode of Season2...it's bubbling over with goodness. :) If starting new, you'd have to start at the beginning.

My wife and I watched the first two episodes last night ourselves. The show sure keeps the "Wow!" moments coming. My wife predicted the last second text message thing from the control room. I really thought that would be too predictable, but it sure was intense. We'll probably watch the third episode in the next few days so we can be current this Sunday night.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
My wife and I watched the first two episodes last night ourselves. The show sure keeps the "Wow!" moments coming. My wife predicted the last second text message thing from the control room. I really thought that would be too predictable, but it sure was intense. We'll probably watch the third episode in the next few days so we can be current this Sunday night.

There is a 3rd episode of Season 2?? :eek: I only see two on On Demand, as of yesterday. Thought I was caught up. You are right. There is last Sundays episode when is airing tonight at 7pm central... Thanks for the heads up. :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.