Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erixip

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2012
Week 38 black 32GB AT&T
Small spot at 1 atenna bar where anodize did not take (not scratched)
Some intermittent wifi issues

Geffen

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2007
Michigan
My Verizon iPhone 5 16GB is a week 40 I had the Apple rep open it in the store and there were no scuffs or scratches. I guess quality control has gotten much better.

LevMac

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
QLD, Australia
This is good news that most of the new batches are coming out good!
Sorry guys, but how do we check which week it is ? Do we have to put a serial number into a website ?

I'd like to know without putting in details of serial numbers etc, can you tell by looking at the serial number on the box ?

Holoshed

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2011
North Carolina
This is good news that most of the new batches are coming out good!
Sorry guys, but how do we check which week it is ? Do we have to put a serial number into a website ?

I'd like to know without putting in details of serial numbers etc, can you tell by looking at the serial number on the box ?

You read the posts on the first page where someone has linked it.

ARSC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Two of my friends got week 40 and they are perfect.

so all phones which are week 40 and above are perfect.

prism

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2006
I dont get it, how can there be week 40 iphones circulating if we are not in the last week of October???

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Two of my friends got week 40 and they are perfect.

so all phones which are week 40 and above are perfect.

So your basing the fact that all week 40 builds are perfect as a result of two of your friends iPhones are perfect.

Face palm.

enophi1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2008
UK
My week 36 was ok until I noticed scuffing around the antenna band.

Got my replacement today. It's Black week 39 and absolutely flawless in every single way. The camera has NO purple haze :D :D

The anodizing is just beautiful , everything is sleek and perfect.

This was my 3rd replacement. 1st replacement was changing White model for black , 2nd replacement was scuffed black.

yezza

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
Someone in the other week-of-manufacture-thread received a week 40 with a ding in the chamfer, so perhaps not all is completely rosey.

I'm due to receive mine from the 29th of this month so will be interested to see what week I get and its condition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.