Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Hey guys,

So my MacBook Pro stopped working last March and I've been lazy. Only just remembered it now really, I went out and got an iMac instead of fixing it.

Basically, when you press the power button nothing happens. No noise, no lights, no spinning or anything. It was working during the evening, then I went to sleep and in the morning it was 'dead'.

It's a 2011 MacBook Pro, was brand new and didn't even last a year. Now sadly my warranty will have expired AND the nearest Apple store is a few hours away, so I'm not going there.

Does anybody have an ideas? Or know of a place where I can mail it for repairs (in the UK!).

Many thanks :)
Kirk.

hackerwayne

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hey guys,

So my MacBook Pro stopped working last March and I've been lazy. Only just remembered it now really, I went out and got an iMac instead of fixing it.

Basically, when you press the power button nothing happens. No noise, no lights, no spinning or anything. It was working during the evening, then I went to sleep and in the morning it was 'dead'.

It's a 2011 MacBook Pro, was brand new and didn't even last a year. Now sadly my warranty will have expired AND the nearest Apple store is a few hours away, so I'm not going there.

Does anybody have an ideas? Or know of a place where I can mail it for repairs (in the UK!).

Many thanks :)
Kirk.

Does the MagSafe light lights up? If it doesn't, i suspect its a failed MagSafe adapter, if it lights up, try to press the battery indicator button on the side of the MBP to see if theres sufficient charge. If theres a faint green light on the MagSafe, that indicates the MacBook was somehow shorted and the power IC blewed. In this case, you gotta send for professional repair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.