Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RiseDarthVader

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
It's really annoying that the iOS6 update has the Alarm vibrating now. Anyone know how to stop this?

GrandPhrase

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
It's really annoying that the iOS6 update has the Alarm vibrating now. Anyone know how to stop this?

Hey, not sure if this is the best way as this is the only way that I know (or may be the only way, in fact), but go to your sound settings and turn off "vibrate on ring" or "vibrate on silent" depending on which mode your silent switch is on, on the side of your iPhone.

Turning this off will turn off vibration for your other alerts such as messages and phone calls while it is off *just letting you know

And I think alarm for iOS has always had the vibration capability (I remember in iOS 5 my iPhone would vibrate when an alarm went off).

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2011
Australia

OMG it is so annoying! I sleep with my phone on my bed so it is super loud and irritating when your ear is pressed up against the bed/pillow. I can't believe you cant disable it without disabling vibrate when ringing :mad::mad::mad:

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
When did it not vibrate? iPhone 4 on iOS 5 certainly did, and I believe iOS 4 did too. What phone & iOS are you coming from? Or was there a way to turn it off back then?

RiseDarthVader

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
Turning this off will turn off vibration for your other alerts such as messages and phone calls while it is off *just letting you know
Problem is that it's hard enough for me to tell if my phone is ringing when I'm walking with it in my pocket so I need the vibration for calls and text.
OMG it is so annoying! I sleep with my phone on my bed so it is super loud and irritating when your ear is pressed up against the bed/pillow.
Same situation causing the frustration here
What phone & iOS are you coming from?
coming from iPhone 4 iOS 5 to iPhone 5 iOS 6. Maybe I just remember wether the alarm vibrates or not wrong.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
OMG it is so annoying! I sleep with my phone on my bed so it is super loud and irritating when your ear is pressed up against the bed/pillow. I can't believe you cant disable it without disabling vibrate when ringing :mad::mad::mad:

Isn't that the whole point of an alarm??? :confused:

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I've been wanting to disable the vibration of the alarm for a long time and found no easy solution. Before my iPhone 5, I kept my iPhone 4S in a dock to play music through/charge it and the phone vibrating in the mornings didn't help me. It's not like I could feel it going off, so what's the point? After a while the damn vibrating got more annoying than the alarm itself. How many people sleep with their phones to the point having the alarm vibrate would be USEFUL?

At least give us a separate option to disable vibration on alarm only, without having to turn it off system-wide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.