Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnnapoliSkins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
I have been using Mail for several years and have numerous personal folders in order to sort my mail. This has been working well, but now my job prefers for me to switch to Outlook. Even though our Outlook is ran on an Exchange Server my personal folders will not populate in Outlook 2011. Is there software which can help me or am I lost to sort though hundreds of emails and then creating personal folders in Outlook. Please help, Thanks.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I have been using Mail for several years and have numerous personal folders in order to sort my mail. This has been working well, but now my job prefers for me to switch to Outlook. Even though our Outlook is ran on an Exchange Server my personal folders will not populate in Outlook 2011. Is there software which can help me or am I lost to sort though hundreds of emails and then creating personal folders in Outlook. Please help, Thanks.

Export as mbox files from Mail then import the mbox files to Outlook. See bottom of this page.

AnnapoliSkins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Switching from Mail to Outlook 2011

I can not find the file on the file system. I did an export, but now can not locate the file.

Last edited:

parc

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2012
Select Export Mail and locate the file.
Pay a good attention to where the file is created at at the save dialog.
Not too hard to figure out.
Are you nuts? Why are you repeating what's already in the posting directly above your crap?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.