Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnDi86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Ballymoney N.Ireland
So my iPhone 5 is charged up 100% when I leave the house for work in the mornings when I return home it is usually less than 10% in the space of 8 hours with not much usage.

I have tried setting the phone up as new already and the same issue persists... anyone think the battery is broke?

cq3Hy

Last edited:

TallGuy1970

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
My battery does not act like this. In fact, my iPhone 5 battery is holding up much better than my iPhone 4 battery did. Is there a way to test the battery against "normal" standards?

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
What all do you have running? How's your signal? What are your email settings? Where's your brightness level?

All of that AND MORE are going to play roles in how long the battery lasts. Make some adjustments, then see how it does.

josh1985

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
well i think it's not the battery goes wrong, you may change some setup and see what will happen.

Hawk.

macrumors member
May 30, 2008
Philadelphia
I'm having the same issue with my battery. Schlepped out to the Apple Store last week and they wiped out the phone, reimaged firmware and set it up as a new phone. Having same problems as before. Schlepping out there again this evening to swap out phones or just return and go back to my 4. Love everything about the phone but the battery is unacceptable. Thinking its just a defective unit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.