Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobinHood5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
Ok, let me start this post off with a request. I don't want haters posting on this. We all know your opinion that they are overpriced and that they are not really pro headphones. This thread is not the place for that. It is just informational for the people that like them and might like a good deal.

I was looking to purchase dr dre pros this last week and I stumbled upon the weirdest thing on the Walmart website. I found that the black dr dre pros (yes just the black sooooo racist) were only $335. The weird thing about it is, the headphones are not searchable on the Walmart website. The only way to find them is click on a pair of studios and go to similar products, they usually will be there.

So, I went to the white ones, $399. Then I went to the black ones which did not list a price Until it was in your cart. So I added it to my cart and to my surprise it was only $335 ($65 bucks off!!!) so I immediately started checking it's validity. It was not a marketplace item, it was a Walmart product. I went to the beats website and it listed Walmart as a authorized dealer. This was legit. I ordered them on Monday and paid$10 for rushed shipping. When it was all said and done, after tax and shipping (there was a $2 ship to home option and free ship to store) the total cost was $370. S, good deal at Walmart if you like beats headphones.

maniacphoner

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
You sure did purchase it for a great deal!! It's always fun digging up deals online. Takes time and some work. :p

tempusfugit

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2009
Chicago
nice!

I took a very serious look at these same headphones a while back. My basic review: The bass is powerful and pretty good, the mids and highs are ok. I ended up going with the $300 Bose QC15 noise cancelling headphones and I'm really glad. The low end is powerful enough, though not as thumping as the beats headphones, but the overall spectrum I feel is better and more "true" sounding. Plus the noise cancellation makes flights so much better. Couple that with the lower price tag, and like I said, I'm glad I got them.

sick z33

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2008
I was able to find them on walmart but it shows "Not Available at this time" and won't allow you to order :(

RobinHood5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
I was able to find them on walmart but it shows "Not Available at this time" and won't allow you to order :(

Hmm... Glad I bought them when I did. Amazing headphones!

----------

nice!

I took a very serious look at these same headphones a while back. My basic review: The bass is powerful and pretty good, the mids and highs are ok. I ended up going with the $300 Bose QC15 noise cancelling headphones and I'm really glad. The low end is powerful enough, though not as thumping as the beats headphones, but the overall spectrum I feel is better and more "true" sounding. Plus the noise cancellation makes flights so much better. Couple that with the lower price tag, and like I said, I'm glad I got them.

I have a pair of Bose OE headphones. They have been nice but they just aren't fun. Their sound is just to serious, like they are not capable of thumping bass and "fun" sound.

My other problem with Bose and the like is, if I'm paying $300 for a pair of headphones, I'm not going to buy ones that look like a kitchen appliance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.