Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ltb7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2010
the beach
How do you delete your iTunes account settings before erasing all content? I deleted icloud account. Don't see how to delete iTunes account?

just sign out of account - the erase all content + setting should be fine but i was told to do this by apple.com dude

Zeusus

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Well, I've made another appt with Apple for tomorrow morning for the dust under my screen. This will be my 5th time going into Apple. We'll see what happens. I am generally not one to obsess over the perfect phone, but I can't stand a screen defect. Tried living with it for 4 days. Eyes won't come off of the spot.

I'll report back as to what Apple says / does. Pray for me... haha

God, this is embarrassing already.

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Well, I've made another appt with Apple for tomorrow morning for the dust under my screen. This will be my 5th time going into Apple. We'll see what happens. I am generally not one to obsess over the perfect phone, but I can't stand a screen defect. Tried living with it for 4 days. Eyes won't come off of the spot.

I'm thinking maybe the batch of replacement phones the apple store you are going too maybe bad. Is there another apple store you can venture too?

If they still have that same bad batch, you may end up with another defective iPhone.

OatmealRocks

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009

Make sure you get a microscope to find dead pixels. I think the 5th time is when you move back to a 4S or an Andriod no?

Noisemaker

Mar 13, 2009
To all of those who are sitting and thinking they're getting a brand new phone in the slim white boxes, I do hope you realize that there are always "b-stock" rejects coming from the factory. That's how they have refurbs on launch day.

And before long, all the people trading their phones in because of some minuscule imperfection that they found with a magnifying glass will just be trading their phones around. As those are what end up as refurbs.

Your sheer obsession will lead to you ending up with a phone far worse than the one you started with, and it serves every single one of you right.

:rolleyes:

themadrussian

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
To all of those who are sitting and thinking they're getting a brand new phone in the slim white boxes, I do hope you realize that there are always "b-stock" rejects coming from the factory. That's how they have refurbs on launch day.

And before long, all the people trading their phones in because of some minuscule imperfection that they found with a magnifying glass will just be trading their phones around. As those are what end up as refurbs.

Your sheer obsession will lead to you ending up with a phone far worse than the one you started with, and it serves every single one of you right.

:rolleyes:

You're simply wrong. There is no "b-stock". The "b-stock" phones don't get shipped out at all. Why do people bother spreading misinformation?

Noisemaker

Mar 13, 2009
You're simply wrong. There is no "b-stock". The "b-stock" phones don't get shipped out at all. Why do people bother spreading misinformation?

Yes. Because Apple just discards them and throws away money. :rolleyes:

You're a fool to believe that they're handing out brand new replacements to every obsessive tool that goes in and demands a replacement for some barely noticeable cosmetic claim.

And you're even more of a fool to believe that they do nothing with devices that don't pass inspection.

themadrussian

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010

You're a fool to believe that they're handing out brand new replacements to every obsessive tool that goes in and demands a replacement for some barely noticeable cosmetic claim.

And you're even more of a fool to believe that they do nothing with devices that don't pass inspection.

They don't discard them. They send them back to the factory, where they replace whatever components are damaged (usually the exterior), test the battery and internals to make sure they meet the specifications, and then sell them as refurbished units or as white-box replacements.

The devices that don't pass inspection go back and are fixed so that they do. It's not complicated.

You're a fool if you think that Apple would waste time and money shipping "b-stock" iPhones to only have them returned a week or two later because of cosmetic or physical defects. The supply constraints that Apple is having with the iPhone 5 are partly due to their fairly high standard of quality control. When a phone does not meet specifications, it gets sent back to the assembly and fixed. It costs Apple a far lot less money to fix any problems before ever shipping a phone out than it does to pay support staff, repair staff, and transportation costs for subpar iPhones that get returned due to the very issues you are describing.

If your theory held water, people would not have been receiving cosmetically defective or physically defective iPhones in brand new retail packaging. How does your theory explain the retail-box iPhones with loose batteries or visible scratches on the aluminum back or the chamfered edges?

Sorry, but you just aren't making sense.

Zeusus

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2012
Calgary, Canada
I'm thinking maybe the batch of replacement phones the apple store you are going too maybe bad. Is there another apple store you can venture too?

If they still have that same bad batch, you may end up with another defective iPhone.

I am going to try another apple store. They may not even replace it for me, but I'll try. Hoping they have screen replacements live.

For the trolls who mock this, let it happen to your hard earned 800$. People are so quick to pass judgement on others. I wouldn't have an issue if they weren't defective. I trust there are many out there that don't have an issue, I just haven't got one yet.

legreen

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
My 3rd handset arrived yesterday with a chip in the side. Maybe number 4 will be lucky!

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
My 3rd handset arrived yesterday with a chip in the side. Maybe number 4 will be lucky!

If you are already on phone 4, and all you have it a chip. Maybe you should keep this one. At this point it's finding a flaw that you can live with, than finding a phone without a flaw. The chip can be covered up with a case, and if you aren't using a case, then the phone will be seeing many more chips in its life.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I had mine replaced about a week ago... My earpiece broke on mine, so I couldn't hear anything when trying to make or receive a call.

I called Apple, they agreed to replace my phone and ship my replacement overnight. They put a hold on my credit card, but that's not a big deal because it goes away as soon as they get the faulty phone in their possession.

All in all, I must say I was very happy with the experience... I continue to use Apple products and always favor them over anything else due to their excellent customer service... :apple:

Sanooya

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
I am waiting for my replacement.. but my process is sure longer than any one of you!

I got my iPhone from the pre oder from UK Apple store,

I am not living in UK but I have a forwardig address there

I received my iPhone on September 23rd, used it for around 4 days? without removing the stickers because I was waitig for Spigen's I ordered

any ways, when I removed the sticker.. I notice a Scratch in the back top glass..

it was kindad deep.. I could feel it with my nail! also, there wes w tiiiny hit on the front aluminium, & I got the noise lines thing when entering password in the Apple Store.

I was concerned about the glass scracth the most, I imagined dropping my iPhone badly & ge that scratch expanded & maybe the glass will smash:eek:

So I thought of talking to Apple to check if Ican return it "I wasn't sure because I used a forwarding service; there was a change I will get an answer that this is not permitted or so"

but I tried anyway & called them through Skype

thankfully the guy was very helpful..

I told him I used a forwardig service & I am not in UK so I can't take it to any Apple Store! he told me to semd back to my forwarding company & give him a person to contact

everything went well & my iPhone got Shipped to UK & received in the beginig of October "I Paid a lot for shipping though -_-"

now.. the Pickup was scheduled on October 2nd, but somehow it was delayed until today - 16th & I don't know why :/

forst I got an email from Apple thanking me for my order & giving my estimate dates for shipping life if I placed a new order

date was by end on october

then I got anohter similar email with dates delayed to mid of November

then few hours ago go email saying they are planing to ship the replacement with 3-5 Working days.

now I enter TNT link provided in one of the emails, it stil lshoes pickup date scheduled on October16th "subjected to Change"

hope it wont change again :( so I can ge tmy hands on my new iPhone next Week!!

I hope I wont get email telling me about about another Delay ='( ='(

legreen

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
If you are already on phone 4, and all you have it a chip. Maybe you should keep this one. At this point it's finding a flaw that you can live with, than finding a phone without a flaw. The chip can be covered up with a case, and if you aren't using a case, then the phone will be seeing many more chips in its life.

Yes it will no doubt get chips or scratches during its use, ones that I have done not ones on a brand new unopened £600 phone. So I will wait for a better condition phone as they are out there. It is not unreasonable to expect this. If the chip had been very small and in a more hidden area I probably would be ok with that but it isn't.

lawlbringer

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
Same people bashing others for wanting a phone that looks new, lmao.

CHIPS AND SCUFFS ARE NORMAL GUYZ, YOU'RE JUST AN OBSESSIVE **** LOLOLOLOL. :rolleyes:

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Yes it will no doubt get chips or scratches during its use, ones that I have done not ones on a brand new unopened £600 phone. So I will wait for a better condition phone as they are out there. It is not unreasonable to expect this. If the chip had been very small and in a more hidden area I probably would be ok with that but it isn't.

How are you going to be okay if the phone had a smaller chip in a hidden area, if in the same sentence you pretty much said you wanted a flawless phone? Also there are no hidden areas on this phone.

Anyway, most likely YOU WILL find some flaw in your next iphone. So you will be posting on this board again about what new blemish you found. Seriously slap on a case and move on.

And you chose to spend $600 on a mass produced phone made with cheap labor.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007

So you're quick to name call and make declarative statements but you offer no proof there is b-stock.

How do you know...is it an assumption on your part?

Hmmmmmm

----------

I am waiting for my replacement.. but my process is sure longer than any one of you!

I got my iPhone from the pre oder from UK Apple store,

I am not living in UK but I have a forwardig address there

I received my iPhone on September 23rd, used it for around 4 days? without removing the stickers because I was waitig for Spigen's I ordered

any ways, when I removed the sticker.. I notice a Scratch in the back top glass..

it was kindad deep.. I could feel it with my nail! also, there wes w tiiiny hit on the front aluminium, & I got the noise lines thing when entering password in the Apple Store.

I was concerned about the glass scracth the most, I imagined dropping my iPhone badly & ge that scratch expanded & maybe the glass will smash:eek:

So I thought of talking to Apple to check if Ican return it "I wasn't sure because I used a forwarding service; there was a change I will get an answer that this is not permitted or so"

but I tried anyway & called them through Skype

thankfully the guy was very helpful..

I told him I used a forwardig service & I am not in UK so I can't take it to any Apple Store! he told me to semd back to my forwarding company & give him a person to contact

everything went well & my iPhone got Shipped to UK & received in the beginig of October "I Paid a lot for shipping though -_-"

now.. the Pickup was scheduled on October 2nd, but somehow it was delayed until today - 16th & I don't know why :/

forst I got an email from Apple thanking me for my order & giving my estimate dates for shipping life if I placed a new order

date was by end on october

then I got anohter similar email with dates delayed to mid of November

then few hours ago go email saying they are planing to ship the replacement with 3-5 Working days.

now I enter TNT link provided in one of the emails, it stil lshoes pickup date scheduled on October16th "subjected to Change"

hope it wont change again :( so I can ge tmy hands on my new iPhone next Week!!

I hope I wont get email telling me about about another Delay ='( ='(

No one is going to care about your post when you choose an obnoxious color.

----------

Same people bashing others for wanting a phone that looks new, lmao.

CHIPS AND SCUFFS ARE NORMAL GUYZ, YOU'RE JUST AN OBSESSIVE **** LOLOLOLOL. :rolleyes:

What?

So you would buy a new car with chips and scuffs in the paint because the salesman said....oh that's normal.

Do you really think about what you post or do you just need to post something contradictory?

Zeusus

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2012
Calgary, Canada
So I went into the apple store today and was blown away. The genius took the time to actually talk to me about what was going on. He explained that alot have come back, and that they have been told to work with customers no matter what. He took out a replacement for me and went over it with a fine tooth comb before even handing it to me. It has a tiny hairline scratch on it but otherwise it is flawless. He was upset about the tiny scratch so offered me a free lightning cable and no question exchange if I change my mind (I won't)

I am extremely happy and know why I am Apple customer now.

This was exchange/replacement 7 for me and it finally works the way advertised. I would suggest that people be adamant about getting something they are happy with.

To those who think I am OCD I took a scratched phone over all the issues I had am satiated. There is nothing wrong with demanding a company carry through on their promises, Apple actually stepped up to the bill this time.

Anajaf27

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
This is my second iPhone and the top is scuffed to hell..what's worst is that apple won't replace it for me since I already replaced it once

The scuffs on my phone are so bad..

I'm so dissapointed with apple

lawlbringer

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
What?

So you would buy a new car with chips and scuffs in the paint because the salesman said....oh that's normal.

Do you really think about what you post or do you just need to post something contradictory?

I was actually poking fun at the same people posting the same crap that we should just get over and live with a less-than-new looking unit...blah, blah, blah, etc. As you can tell, Noisemaker is one of them.

I completely agree with you, but I guess a lot of iSheep are of course standing up for Apple's complete lack of QC with this launch.

Oh, and it's good to hear people actually getting good service from apple store employees, my experiences were far from friendly and felt rushed. A lot of kids these days in Northern VA seriously lack manners.

Noisemaker

Mar 13, 2009
I was actually poking fun at the same people posting the same crap that we should just get over and live with a less-than-new looking unit...blah, blah, blah, etc. As you can tell, Noisemaker is one of them.

I completely agree with you, but I guess a lot of iSheep are of course standing up for Apple's complete lack of QC with this launch.

Oh, and it's good to hear people actually getting good service from apple store employees, my experiences were far from friendly and felt rushed. A lot of kids these days in Northern VA seriously lack manners.

iSheep? Hardly. I think what's happening at Foxxconn is appalling, and that Apple should be ashamed for it - and I'm not talking about your little spec that you threw a tantrum over. I'm talking about the workers who are being maltreated in order to get self-righteous pukes like you cell phones.

I'm not going to nitpick a dot in the finish of something and spend hours of my life dicking around with customer service like you have. *That* is why I think you're an obsessive ****. You've spent days pissing and moaning about minuscule flaws in phones, hours with customer service reps, and hours setting up phone after phone that you're still not satisfied with. Yet I'd bet you haven't spent a single second drawing attention to the people that are exploited so that entitled scum like you can have something shiny that they'll discard as soon as something shinier comes out.

Call me what you will, hate me, bash me, whatever. At the end of the day I know that I have enough in my life to not sit and stew over a DOT on a phone. You clearly don't, and for that - I pity you.

5enohpi

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
Philly/Vegas
Funny how some retarded old timers on this board were criticizing me for taking back my phone to apple on launch day because it had a scratch on the bezel. Now there's an entire thread dedicated to this issue. I could care less if the next person has to wait to receive his phone because I have mine replaced due to a cosmetic defect. I want perfection if I'm paying for it end of story

lawlbringer

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
iSheep? Hardly. I think what's happening at Foxxconn is appalling, and that Apple should be ashamed for it - and I'm not talking about your little spec that you threw a tantrum over. I'm talking about the workers who are being maltreated in order to get self-righteous pukes like you cell phones.

I'm not going to nitpick a dot in the finish of something and spend hours of my life dicking around with customer service like you have. *That* is why I think you're an obsessive ****. You've spent days pissing and moaning about minuscule flaws in phones, hours with customer service reps, and hours setting up phone after phone that you're still not satisfied with. Yet I'd bet you haven't spent a single second drawing attention to the people that are exploited so that entitled scum like you can have something shiny that they'll discard as soon as something shinier comes out.

Call me what you will, hate me, bash me, whatever. At the end of the day I know that I have enough in my life to not sit and stew over a DOT on a phone. You clearly don't, and for that - I pity you.

Grats. You claim you have enough in your life yet you still bother to come here and flame people's complaints about QC problems with their phones. That makes sense.

You're also dumb if you think I spent hours, let alone days, setting up phone swaps or talking to service reps. Way to exaggerate to a beyond dramatic degree. The bit about maltreated laborers really caps it off. I hope you make your own clothes and walk to work, because practically everything is made by sweatshop workers these days.

If people want a phone that doesn't have chips(not a dot)/scuffs/dings then so be it. Nobody wants your pity...find another forum to peruse if it gets you this upset.

legreen

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
How are you going to be okay if the phone had a smaller chip in a hidden area, if in the same sentence you pretty much said you wanted a flawless phone? Also there are no hidden areas on this phone.

Anyway, most likely YOU WILL find some flaw in your next iphone. So you will be posting on this board again about what new blemish you found. Seriously slap on a case and move on.

And you chose to spend $600 on a mass produced phone made with cheap labor.

If I'd spent £10 on a plastic phone I wouldn't accept a scratched one. And I didn't say flawless but I certainly don't want one with a massive scratch on it straight out of the box. There are less obvious places on the phone where a blemish as you put it wouldn't be in plain view all of the time. My iPad wasn't perfect but was acceptable to me. The iPhones haven't been acceptable. Two of the three handsets weren't scratched but had other faults.

If you're prepared to have a scratched up phone not of your doing then good for you but I am not so I shared my experience in this thread!

frozzbite

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2011
So I went into the apple store today and was blown away. The genius took the time to actually talk to me about what was going on. He explained that alot have come back, and that they have been told to work with customers no matter what. He took out a replacement for me and went over it with a fine tooth comb before even handing it to me. It has a tiny hairline scratch on it but otherwise it is flawless. He was upset about the tiny scratch so offered me a free lightning cable and no question exchange if I change my mind (I won't)

I am extremely happy and know why I am Apple customer now.

I think you encountered the best Genius ever. Can't believe he took out a tooth comb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.