Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
OK, I unlocked my iphone through unlock fusion and since they are selling at great prices on ebay decided to try and sell it unlocked and then rebuy it later.I sold it and I used the erase and reset all settings right before I shipped it out and it relocked the phone. I thought the lock was suppose to be permanent. Beware you phone could relock. I have contacted Unlock Fusion to see if he can re unlock. I'll post here what he says.

Last edited:

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
So then, what did unlock_fusion have to say to you about your relocked phone?
I'm very interested in their response.

You did contact them before coming here to MR, right? Right?

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010

OP said he contacted them and was waiting for a response. I doubt in the 2 minutes between OP's post and your, they got the answer. Give him a chance to get an answer.

I don't think there's anything wrong with OP posting a PSA as to what happened, even if we don't know why yet. If I had an unlock on my phone, and was about to do a RESET, I'd want to know that there is a possibility it may re-lock, and I would then consider holding off until I hear what unlock fusion tells them.

Give them a chance...

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA

You did read my OP right? Right? Yes I contacted them and as I said i will post there response here when I get it.

----------

OP said he contacted them and was waiting for a response. I doubt in the 2 minutes between OP's post and your, they got the answer. Give him a chance to get an answer.

I don't think there's anything wrong with OP posting a PSA as to what happened, even if we don't know why yet. If I had an unlock on my phone, and was about to do a RESET, I'd want to know that there is a possibility it may re-lock, and I would then consider holding off until I hear what unlock fusion tells them.

Give them a chance...

Thank you. Just trying to help here. I get alot of help from others on this forum so when I can I try and do the same.

vipJj123

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2012
Looking forward to unlock fusion response. I personally wouldn't take a chance trying this unlock method with an iPhone 5 right now, because there is a greater chance an iPhone 5 unlock will raise a flag with AT&T.

fibrizo

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2009
I think that's the most important question. :cool:
You have to restore as new to see the unlocked message..

You don't always see it either in my experience. I have an extra Tmobile sim (not active) I pop in just to check. If it's locked it tells me invalid sim, otherwise Tmobile pops up.

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
Ok so it looks like its fixed. I have been using the http://www.dev.mk to check the unlock status and its been unlocked when I have checked it. Checked after reset and it said locked. I have a active data only sim for tmobile that I cut down to nano size and when I put it in I just said no sim. Got worried so I contacted unlock fusion but have not heard back. I just put my tmobile sim back in and it worked. I got the tmobile network logo and 3g (guess I'm in a refarmed area) and the data worked and I got some text messages from tmobile so it looks like it OK now. I did some other research and it looks like that status page might have been sold and the new owners are saying the phone is locked even when its unlocked so you will buy their unlock code. I guess I stay away from that site from now on.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
From my personal experience with the unlocked sites... After a restore, the phone will lock back to the original carrier, but once they hook to itunes with a any carrier SIM in, it will then give them the congrats message that the phone is unlocked.

I gave my brother in law my old 4S that was originally tied to at&t. After I paid the unlocked website I did the restore and put my at&t SIM back in the phone. When I gave it to him, he tried to just pop in his t-mobile SIM and it did not work. After he connected to itunes he got the unlocked message again and it started working with his t-mobile SIM. I think after the initial unlock when I put my at&t SIM in it relocks the phone until you restore again.

I hope that makes sense :)

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Ok so it looks like its fixed. I have been using the http://www.dev.mk to check the unlock status and its been unlocked when I have checked it. Checked after reset and it said locked. I have a active data only sim for tmobile that I cut down to nano size and when I put it in I just said no sim. Got worried so I contacted unlock fusion but have not heard back. I just put my tmobile sim back in and it worked. I got the tmobile network logo and 3g (guess I'm in a refarmed area) and the data worked and I got some text messages from tmobile so it looks like it OK now. I did some other research and it looks like that status page might have been sold and the new owners are saying the phone is locked even when its unlocked so you will buy their unlock code. I guess I stay away from that site from now on.

something is flaky with that site

i had AT&T officially unlock my wife's old iphone 4 and my old 4S after we bought iphone 5's and it still says its locked. in both cases i got the unlocked message in itunes after i restored as new

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
something is flaky with that site

i had AT&T officially unlock my wife's old iphone 4 and my old 4S after we bought iphone 5's and it still says its locked. in both cases i got the unlocked message in itunes after i restored as new

this. Who cares what the websites say if you get the message :)

wenglish

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
If I was the unlock_fusion guy I'd be pretty pissed off about this thread. Anyone who's been paying the slightest attention to any thread concerning "unlock" (as have I) should know:

1. Some of those "unlock check" sites are either inaccurate, or are trying to get you to purchase their unlock service
  2. You don't "always" get the "unlocked" message from iTunes
  3. The only way to be really sure is to put a different carrier's SIM in the phone

I know you marked the thread resolved, but I really think you should edit your first post to tell people to disregard it because you were wrong.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
If I was the unlock_fusion guy I'd be pretty pissed off about this thread. Anyone who's been paying the slightest attention to any thread concerning "unlock" (as have I) should know:

1. Some of those "unlock check" sites are either inaccurate, or are trying to get you to purchase their unlock service
  3. The only way to be really sure is to put a different carrier's SIM in the phone

I know you marked the thread resolved, but I really think you should edit your first post to tell people to disregard it because you were wrong.

If I put a different sim card in my phone, is there only one "inactive sim" message to confirm its locked?

I found a tmobile sim car laying around my desk, i cut it down but it just says No Service. Am I considered unlocked? It doesnt say Tmobile so i am a bit worried.

(FYI: I did not get the confirmation through itunes)

jaaames

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
same thing happend to mine.. except he STILL has not responded to my message/ has NOT refunded me. wth is that guys problem i think he's so big headed

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Jaames have you actually verified with a different Sim that it doesn't work?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Well said.
You should also fix the first post and thread title.
You make it sound as your phone really locked again when in reality you just got wrong/bad information from an IMEI check site.

Jaames have you actually verified with a different Sim that it doesn't work?

James is most likely a competitor advertising his own unlock site instead with his whole 5 posts and trying to trash unlock_fusion.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Well said.
You should also fix the first post and thread title.
You make it sound as your phone really locked again when in reality you just got wrong/bad information from an IMEI check site.

James is most likely a competitor advertising his own unlock site instead with his whole 5 posts and trying to trash unlock_fusion.

That makes sense. Unlock fusion seems to work perfectly. Most people saying otherwise is because they check unreliable imei verifiers and don't try a different sim themselves or they endorse another solution.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
My completed purchase listing was deleted by ebay and I was invited to submit a case against the seller.

Something is going on and the fact that the fusion folks are not responding is also strange considering they auction tout a quick response to questions.

They have a semi automated system for purchasing, with the amount of queries they get I am sure it is hard to be able to answer as fast as you would wish.

Legacy Wealth

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
Do u guys realize how many unlocks they do each day? He has over 70,000 feedback!!! IT WORKS! if they spent time answering emails for people that can't follow simple instructions especially when there's tons of help here... He would be out of business because they wouldn't be able To get the unlocks done. I purchased the unlock a little over a week ago... Did the restore twice b4 I got The congrats message on iTunes. Went To a tmobile store asked for a nano SIM card the rep put it in my phone and it said no service. I told him try again and still no service. I told him I got the lock off eBay he said I probably got ripped off lol. I asked for the nano came in here READ several post and realizes he didn't turn on wifi .. Plywd with it a few times then got the tmobile signal. Point is READ B4 you react! You need to delete this post ... Unlock fusion IS LEGIT and provides great service ... And I don't know him but I'm happy cuz my AT&T contract will be cancelled tomorrow... Hello tmobile

vbtwo31984

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
If I put a different sim card in my phone, is there only one "inactive sim" message to confirm its locked?

I found a tmobile sim car laying around my desk, i cut it down but it just says No Service. Am I considered unlocked? It doesnt say Tmobile so i am a bit worried.

(FYI: I did not get the confirmation through itunes)

My iPhone 4 never showed any message when it was locked and I put in a different SIM, it just showed No Service and didn't try to connect to the network. After I unlocked it, it now connects and works correctly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.