Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boisv

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2012
Nice idea, but what we really need is something like this

Nice idea, but that isn't nearly as nice as what this article shows. I'm not going to buy two separate controller setups for my iPad and iPhone. The one above will cover both, which makes it awesome.

But I see the appeal of that mock up too. Handheld is a nice touch.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Nice idea, but that isn't nearly as nice as what this article shows. I'm not going to buy two separate controller setups for my iPad and iPhone. The one above will cover both, which makes it awesome.

But I see the appeal of that mock up too. Handheld is a nice touch.

The iCade Mobile is handheld also. And has 2 more buttons. And cheaper at the moment since it doesn't fit the iPhone 5. (I assume) It says compatibility with certain models, but that's about the shape, the BT compatibility should be universal for iOS devices. Link was above a few posts.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
I bought one of those NES controllers modded to a USB output when they came out. Works perfectly on OS X. I wonder if I can use that with the camera connection kit for use on jailbroken iOS...

Anyone try it?

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
I bought one of those NES controllers modded to a USB output when they came out. Works perfectly on OS X. I wonder if I can use that with the camera connection kit for use on jailbroken iOS...

Anyone try it?

If it is possible,a jailbreak tweak of some kind would be required. iOS does not natively support game controllers. iCade controllers get around this limitation by emulating a keyboard.

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
anyone tried to use one of this (or something like this) in the Apple TV through airplay mirroring? It will be interesting to play with this thing on the TV.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Tried my new 8 bitty today, it works ok for some icade games, but other times they have the controls mapped weird. I would also prefer an analog joystick, as I dislike dpad controls for movement as it is hard to go diagonal with them vs analog sticks.

Still, it is a good for certain games like PACman.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.