Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firewood

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
The mix of apps that sell appears to have changed the past few weeks, and lots of developers think it's the new iOS on-device App Store. I've seen some of my apps drop in sales, but some formerly poorly selling apps conversely rise.

One hypothesis I've seen in the blogs is that apps with great screen shots and description text compared to their icons have risen, at the cost of apps with great icons and names compared to the competition then dropping like rocks in popularity.

Finding really unique search terms by which to market ones app also appears to be rising in importance.

Other hypothesis?

TreInJapan

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
Yeah, on many forums, I've seen loads of people "complaining" about dropping sales and how much they hate the new design. Lots of people are saying "It's designed to make the powerful app companies even more powerful!"

But IMHO, as long as you stay on top of the new requirements for a great name and at least one great image showing your app, it will benefit you while all the "long-timers" are still staggering in rage and inflexibility.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.