Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PrettyCharlie

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2012
Here's what worked well for me, in steps

Thanks, FarhanRizvi and Jbravo, for the link to iFunBox: http://www.i-funbox.com/ It's incredibly useful, and it's free! (smiles)

Here's what worked for me, in steps:
1) Ensure that you've select Sync Voice Memos in iTunes then sync your device. Make sure all of them are copied to the iTunes Media/Voice Memos folder. If not, change your sync settings & get them there.
2) Download & install iFunbox.
3) If your device is still connected to iTunes, eject it without unplugging it.
4) In the iTunes Media/Voice Memos folder, back up whatever VMs you want to keep, then remove/delete everything in the folder.
4) Use iFunbox to delete the VMs from the IPhone/iTouch.
5) Delete the Voicemail playlists from iTunes. (bottom left)
6) Re-establish your device in iTunes. (Unplug then replug if necessary.)
7) Sync. The playlists on the device should disappear.
NOTE: If the sync gets hung up at the final stage (waiting to apply changes), eject your device,
then re-establish it. Sync again.
Viola!

On a personal note:
Farhan, it makes me really sad to hear you say that about Muslims. I'm Canadian, so I may not really see how it is for you, but I sincerely hope you don't get treated that badly, wherever you are.

Eso, please don't post just to be negative. It wastes the time of people who genuinely want to learn or have something to contribute beyond the sound of their own voices. In sum, it serves no useful purpose.

MultiMediaWill, thanks for not closing the thread after all. (smiles)

Last edited:

TravisHeeter

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
It's all in the settings

In iTunes on a computer, while your phone is connected, Click on the iPhone in the left nav.

On the Summary tab, scroll all the way to the bottom, there's a check box for Manually manage music and videos. Check that.

Now, go back to the left nav and click the Voice Memos tab under the iPhone. Select which ones you want to delete, then Apple+Delete

Last edited:
T

The Toddfather

In iTunes on a computer, while your phone is connected, Click on the iPhone in the left nav.

On the Summary tab, scroll all the way to the bottom, there's a check box for Manually manage music and videos. Check that.

Now, go back to the left nav and click the Voice Memos tab under the iPhone. Select which ones you want to delete, then Apple+Delete

Thanks Travis, worked perfect!

MDJCM

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2009
UK, South
I used iExplorer to get this done

It did crash the first time, so I deleted 10 at a time and that worked

idracca

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2013
Deleting Voice Memos all at Once -- Solution

Hi-

I had a similar frustration with the Voice Memo app (not being able to smoothly delete a few hundred at a time), and discovered the following app:

http://www.facebook.com/Recordiumapp

You can create folders and add them via iTunes to folders on your computer. Much easier to organize, name and store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.