Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Am I the only person who finds these videos distasteful ? A pure testament of a wasteful culture, that serves no purpose. How is breaking something, entertaining ? We used to just call it vandalism.

It's a very cheap way of advertising their blenders.

It gets them loads of publicity and web hits because they are blending the latest newsworthy products. It would cost a fortune to get that exposure using traditional advertising methods.

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
The only reason the s3 lasted longer is due to its larger size the blades had more trouble grabbing it.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Am I the only person who finds these videos distasteful ? A pure testament of a wasteful culture, that serves no purpose. How is breaking something, entertaining ? We used to just call it vandalism.

I always watch them and fear for his health. Heaven knows what is in that dust whenever he opens the blender to tip it on the table.

nba1341

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2007
I loled watching the galaxy s3 bounce up and down meanwhile the iphone 5 was already dust lol

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland

It's not vandalism if they're doing it to their own stuff. Deep down many people get a sense of satisfaction watching expensive things being destroyed, I know I do.

xuselppa

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2012
The only reason the s3 lasted longer is due to its larger size the blades had more trouble grabbing it.

Nope, the S3 lasted longer because it is the best phone on the planet and made from an indestructable substance. Not even Chuck Norris could blend it with his fists.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I can ask this same question about them choosing to treat their stuff how they want.

Treating their stuff how they want doesn't make it any less meritless, distasteful or wasteful, but if that's what they want to do in their own private world, fair enough and I have no objection to that.

This changes when they are putting in on the internet and having people post links to it as if it was something worth sharing with the world, worth being proud of, at that point it means that I am entitled to say i'm disgusted by how utterly redundant and moribund it is.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
This thread is sarcastic, right?

In the US, the iPhone 5 gets the latest version of it's OS, and benchmark wise is faster than the GS3.

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
I'm confused.

You joined less than a month ago, yet are on iPhone forums with an Android phone.

:confused::confused::confused:

To each their own.

Maybe you should be confused.

This is a Mac forum, not just an iphone forum, and where I have posted is in the "Alternatives to iOS and iOS devices"

Each to their own :rolleyes:

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
This thread is sarcastic, right?

In the US, the iPhone 5 gets the latest version of it's OS, and benchmark wise is faster than the GS3.

Yes, phones in a blender are not any sort of industry test or benchmark.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.