Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gdwheel

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
I have a 2012 GMC Acadia and a 2012 Avalanche and both pair fine. It took a little while on one of them, but it paired fine.

macMD

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2005
New York
Our Subaru allows 2 phones, but my wife's (flip) phone doesn't connect properly when we have both phones on there. I may just opt to use my BT headset anyways.

jwhee0615

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Plano, TX.
Bluetooth wont pair

I am having trouble as well. I cannot seem to pair my new iphone 5 with either of my vehicles. It sees the car but as soon as I plug in the code to pair the phone pops up and says unsuccessful. My wifes iphone 5 works fine. We have a BMW and a Tahoe. Apple support is clueless too.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
Working fine with my belkin aircast bluetooth.

Siri quality is still dreadful though. Really don't understand why the quality is downgraded over bluetooth.

Siri sounds great on my 2009 MKS. I paired mine no problem. I paired my wife's no problem to her 2011 Flex. But it doesn't work for phone calls. I need to delete it and try repairing it. Mine works for phone calls just fine. Incidentally, when I use Siri, the display shows like I am on a phone call.

jwhee0615

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Plano, TX.
Well they are not in the car business.
Pairing works for most people so it's not likely to be an iPhone problem.

Interesting... if it works fine on one iphone 5 on 2 different model cars and the iphone 5 wont work then how is it likely that its not the iphone??

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I just went from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 and can't use the awesome feature of pairing with my GMC 2011 Sierra. Used to work perfect with my iPhone 4. Is anyone having the same issue? Would it be iOS 6 or the phone itself. I hope it is something that can get fixed soon since I used that feature everyday. I do turn on bluetooth and just says now discoverable but does not show anything.

I have a 2012 GM car and it pairs great with iPhone 5. Read the manual then try again.

aa909

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2008
having issues too

won't pair with my 2005 BMW 530i. no problems pairing my Iphone 3G or 4 but while the iPhone 5 recognizes the car, it says pairing failed after I enter the code

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
I'm having trouble pairing with 2011 Prius. I've reset and paired, powered on/off repeatedly. I can't get the Bluetooth to connect with audio and phone functions. I can get one or the other.

I have a 2011 Lexus CT200h and it probably has the same system as the Prius. I don't have any problem at all. Both audio and phone work fine. Just make sure you unpair the old phone first.

karsten s

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
Bluetooth Pairing on Vehicles with iPhone 5

When I try to pair my iphone 5 with my 2007 prius bluetooth, the car wants a passkey, but the phone won't show anything other than "device 1", nothing pops up to enter a passkey, unlike my prior iphones. Suggestions?

EvoGoon

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
Bluetooth pairing issue specific to Phone, not vehicle

I am having trouble as well. I cannot seem to pair my new iphone 5 with either of my vehicles. It sees the car but as soon as I plug in the code to pair the phone pops up and says unsuccessful. My wifes iphone 5 works fine. We have a BMW and a Tahoe. Apple support is clueless too.

This would seem to be specific to your phone and not your wife's phone. I'm having the exact same issue with my 2012 Range Rover Evoque which had paired fine with my iPhone 4S previously. Interestingly, I was able to pair my new iPhone 5 the first time (using the factory default PIN for my car) and had it working on my first drive to work. When I restarted the car to head home that evening it stopped working then and I haven't been able to get it paired again, with the factory default PIN or otherwise.

I've cleared all previous phone & device profiles with no luck. My next move will be to restore the phone to factory defaults via iTunes and and try that.

The fact that I had it working well on the first attempt is perplexing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.