Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage24.png
Epic Games demonstrated Infinity Blade Dungeons -- the next release in the best-selling series -- at the launch of the new iPad this past March. The company called it "an amazing new project" and said the game was designed for the iPad's new Retina display.

However, it now appears that the game won't be released until 2013 according to AllThingsD. At this rate, the game may well be optimized for the fourth generation iPad.
"Ever since the talented team at Impossible Studios got their hands on "Infinity Blade: Dungeons," they've been busy adding their great ideas to the game," spokesman Wes Phillips told AllThingsD. "There was also the matter of getting the Impossible Studios team up and running with desks, chairs, staplers and computers. The logistics of a new studio and implementing all these great ideas required a little extra time, so Infinity Blade: Dungeons will hit iOS in 2013."

Article Link: Infinity Blade Dungeons Delayed Until Next Year

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
I never really understood why they showed it off with the iPad 3. It was clearly not even close to ready.

I guess maybe it will be an iPad 4 launch title now.

It should run great on an A6 with PowerVR Rogue graphics.

trilaemasu

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
"Ever since the talented team at Impossible Studios got their hands on "Infinity Blade: Dungeons," they've been busy adding their great ideas to the game,"

Sounds like someone didn't manage scope creep very well.

I was really excited about this game when I ordered my iPad. I kept checking their site to hopefully see that it had been launched. At the very least I was hoping for a Christmas-time launch.

thelink

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
This is a huge letdown. I was looking forward to playing this game. I suppose it would be better though that they don't rush it out with a ton of bugs but wait until it can be played flawlessly. Anyway, I'm still excited for this game!! :D

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Not surprising. I'm guessing vaporware / failware.

What do you expect when you take something that was in development, had lots of game assets and designs back in March 2012. Then sometime around August they took all that work and transferred it to the bankrupt failed development team they pulled out of the RI 38 Studios mess.

When a dev has to pick up someone else work, disaster.
When that dev picking up the work already has a reputation for running themselves into the ground, hopeless.

DA-iv

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
Sounds like someone didn't manage scope creep very well.

I can relate to that. My first iOS game, Animal Trackers, was only meant to take one month, so that I could get a feel for iOS developement. By the time it was released, it was two and a half YEARS later! :/

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Epic Games demonstrated Infinity Blade Dungeons -- the next release in the best-selling series -- at the launch of the new iPad this past March. The company called it "an amazing new project" and said the game was designed for the iPad's new Retina display.

However, it now appears that the game won't be released until 2013 according to AllThingsD. At this rate, the game may well be optimized for the fourth generation iPad.
YouTube: video

Article Link: Infinity Blade Dungeons Delayed Until Next Year

Bummer! Well, as long as it runs on my 5th Gen iPod touch, I'll be happy as I'm assuming it won't run on my first gen iPad (which I can't exactly upgrade as easily as I did my iPod touch given how much pricier iPads are).

Fandongo

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Space
Oh cool, Diablo!
Hopefully it'll be a lot more Diablo than the last Diablo.

I doubt they'll make some poor fools pay real money for equipment, then flush it all away every patch; rendering old expensive loot worthless and flooding the market with new crap.

Also, arbitrary annihilation of entire builds (they must throw every bad idea into a hat, and promptly use every single one of them) based around said equipment. Silly Blizzard is silly.

They've confused Skinner's rat with Schrodinger's cat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.