Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I've been playing Bejeweled 3 for two/three hours straight tonight. It's very good actually!

Scrivener is pretty good. I was just getting used to Adobe Story, but this might be my main writing editor from now on. Courier is pretty great too, I'm going to have a lot of fun with that. Radium gives me the reason to finally ditch Flash in Safari too.

And of course Evernote. When Firetask gets unlocked, I'm going to be all over that too.

I agree though, it wasn't as great as the last one. I think I like the freebies from the missions more actually.

I think the only thing to blame is the fact that there's like 20 bundles every year now. :/

Last edited:

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2009
Bought this for Scrivener alone, but some of the others look decent. Thanks for posting this bit of news - wouldn't have heard about it otherwise.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Bought this for Scrivener alone, but some of the others look decent. Thanks for posting this bit of news - wouldn't have heard about it otherwise.

See if you can still play the missions. Some of the freebies you get for completing each stage are probably better than the bundled apps:

Macheist 4 Launch: AppShelf (software key repository)

Macheist Agent: Corel Paint It!; Back To The Future Ep 1 (game)

NanoMission 1 : Netshade 4 (proxy router using own and public proxies)

Mission 1: Fractal (puzzle game on Steam; Calendar Pro; MacHider (encryption based folder hider)

NanoMission 2: Permute (media converter)

Mission 2: Paint Mee Pro; Numb Notes (calculator with inbuilt recorder/note taker); Hector: Badge of Carnage Ep 1 (game)

NanoMission 3: Wikit (wiki linked to iTunes)

Mission 3: Bellhop (hotel booker); Gemini (dupe file finder and deleter); Sound converter (batch file converter)

NanoMission 4: Sam & Max Season 2 Ep1 (game)

Mission 4: Musicbox (website audio grabber); iRehearse (track transcriber); Image Framer Lite

Worth it for Gemini and Netshade alone. Appshelf would also be good if I hadn't already had 1Password. Overall, a better set of apps for me than the bundle at the end.

Last edited:

MacHiavelli

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2007
new york
As a feature writer and novelist, Scrivener is an absolute must.

If you do ANY form of writing over a few hundred words, get Scrivener.

It is a brilliant tool for undergraduate or postgraduate students, and I would also recommend it as a replacement for Word or Pages for anyone writing an essay, report, website, etc.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I may still go for it if Bioshock is redeemed over Steam.

Currently Feral don't have any titles on Steam. The game will be redeemed using a standard download system. Your license is the same as buying it stand alone. Up to 5 Mac activated at once, no limits on uninstall/reinstalling, no "phone home" or "always online" copy protection.

Edwin

EmaDaCuz

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2012
The funny thing is that loots from individual missions were much better than the actual bundle.
I will get the bundle anyways, for 26 dollars (after mission discount) it is a no brainer. But I will use only Scrivener and Radium and maybe Evernote.

jollino

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
Chieti, Italy
I never followed this kind of thing (no idea what the whole mission stuff is, honesetly) but the bundle seems intriguing to me this time. Just out of curiosity, purchased app are NOT redeemed via the Mac App Store, correct?
Thanks

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
purchased app are NOT redeemed via the Mac App Store, correct?
Thanks

Apple don't allow any redeeming through the App Store or transferring your copy to an App Store version. You can give out a limited amount of promo keys (50) but those are for reviews etc not for transferring purchases.

Edwin

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Another "bought it for Scrivener" person here. It has been on my list - but always kept getting shoved to the bottom.

I prefer Bejeweled with a touch screen, but downloaded it anyway.

My daughter is waiting for the Bioshock unlock!

ETA: And I think i'm going to like Firetask if it gets unlocked.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Referral links are not allowed, so please do not include them in your posts.

W1MRK

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
Holding off till the last three are unlocked. If they are I am all over this, but sadly not seeing a huge wow factor for me at least.

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
+1 for all the rave reviews for Scrivener. I have it already and see nothing else to induce me to buy unfortunately.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
Well, for ME this is great.

I was going to buy Scrivener anyway, and ArtBoard for my wife will meet a need that I was shopping for, and I've wanted to play BioShock 2 so...What a great value in my situation!

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Generally this kind of bundle only contains one useful software.:cool:

You're exactly right, and the bit of software in this bundle is Scrivener (which is awesome). Everything else is filler no one really needs. Yes, people like Evernote, but you don't really own that -- you're just buying into a few months of service.

neuropsychguy

macrumors 68020
Sep 29, 2008
As a feature writer and novelist, Scrivener is an absolute must.

If you do ANY form of writing over a few hundred words, get Scrivener.

It is a brilliant tool for undergraduate or postgraduate students, and I would also recommend it as a replacement for Word or Pages for anyone writing an essay, report, website, etc.

I got the bundle just for Scrivener. I already started using it to write a book I've been putting off for years.

I'm also planning on using it for my research articles.

colshine

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
UK
I was thinking of getting Evernote Premium and all the reviews of Scrivener makes me want to use that for my dissertation. This works out perfect.

lord patton

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Chicago
I never know if these kinds of "group purchase solicitations" belong in Marketplace or the original thread, but…

if anyone doesn't want FireTask (if it gets unlocked) I'll gladly paypal you $6 for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.