Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

selva

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2011
Somebody should do a study on rates of autism in LTE areas vs. 3G vs. no service areas. I can't imagine that all this speed increase in radio waves is without health consequences.

NumberNine

macrumors regular
May 12, 2011
So the majority are people who already had an iPhone but had to have the newest. Apple's got this down to a science, release a new phone every year and watch everyone upgrade because the new one is "revolutionary"

selva

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2011
So the majority are people who already had an iPhone but had to have the newest. Apple's got this down to a science, release a new phone every year and watch everyone upgrade because the new one is "revolutionary"

If the so called stats are to be believed.then it could imply two things:

(1) Users like iCloud so much that they don't want to switch to a different phone, and,
(2) They made so much money on their AAPL stock past year they feel they deserve the best in life.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
Where do you people come from? :rolleyes:

I stated that upgrading yearly is not as dramatic as upgrading every other year. Does that not make sense?

iPhone 5 offers me nothing worth extending a contract and paying full price. My area doesn't have LTE. I may get one unlocked down the line. If I had been due for an upgrade I would have probably ordered one, but otherwise unlocked makes a lot more sense from my point of view.

Luscious

Suspended
Aug 8, 2007
This article is pointless and stupid. You can't conclude anything from a survey of 100 people when millions were buying the product.

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
My 4S is slick and smooth on iOS 6. I'm having trouble seeing what the big push from 4S to 5 is for.

That is why I am glad i am on the S cycle. I always think the middle upgrades is always better. I like the 3GS 4S and what ever the 5S will be over the 3G 4 and 5

selva

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2011

Prior to 1990 CDC data show there were about 4 or 5 cases of autism per 10000 children.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2009/01/examining-the-increased-incidence-of-autism/

Now the CDC is finding it is 1:88. In U.S. boys, it is 1:54.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/data.html

It is now of epidemic proportions. The costs to future society can be not just emotionally and stressfully impacting on families but also a huge financial burden on health care systems in caring for these kids throughout their lifetimes. It is probably the single most important medical challenge of our generation. All avenues need to be investigated ASAP without a rock overturned. Our own future children and grandchildren may be the next ones afflicted.

Last edited:

gdeusthewhizkid

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
NY|NJ
Waiting on the 5s myself and in the meantime finallly getting a 32 gig Ipad. Ios 6 was a great upgrade so i treated myself to a 4s 16 gig finally.. I dont see much in the 5 that makes me want it but it nice.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
I stated that upgrading yearly is not as dramatic as upgrading every other year. Does that not make sense?

iPhone 5 offers me nothing worth extending a contract and paying full price. My area doesn't have LTE. I may get one unlocked down the line. If I had been due for an upgrade I would have probably ordered one, but otherwise unlocked makes a lot more sense from my point of view.

I don't have LTE in my area.

Thanks to AT&T's change of policy, I was not eligible for full subsidy either.

I still chose to pay $449 for an iPhone 5, because of EVERY OTHER WORTHWHILE aspect.

And considering its as easy as could be to now sell my 4S for about $350 on eBay.....I essentially paid $100 for an iPhone 5.

And don't give me that nonsense about extending your contract. What are you planning on ditching phones forever sometime in the near future? Give it a rest. That's not a point of argument.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I don't have LTE in my area.

Thanks to AT&T's change of policy, I was not eligible for full subsidy either.

I still chose to pay $449 for an iPhone 5, because of EVERY OTHER WORTHWHILE aspect.

And considering its as easy as could be to now sell my 4S for about $350 on eBay.....I essentially paid $100 for an iPhone 5.

And don't give me that nonsense about extending your contract. What are you planning on ditching phones forever sometime in the near future? Give it a rest. That's not a point of argument.

Buying a phone unlocked is a lot more worthwhile to me. It's not nonsense. I'm not ditching phones or providers, I'm ditching two year contracts.

Mago

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2011
Beyond the Thunderdome
I'll not upgrade to iPhone 5, I'll kept my 4S at least another year (until "iPhone 5S"), I'll spend my upgrade budget for this year on an Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as secondary Phone/tablet replacing my Nexus 7 and giving me an 2nd OS "just in case".

My Message to Tim Cook Is:
F'*** U, Jobs was a Genius, you still a vaccum cleaner salesman just with good luck.

Supa29

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
iPhone 5 is awesome. If I had a 4S, upgrading to 5 is a sure thing considering iPhone 5's design and speed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.