Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CatsTide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
I'm trying to tag Ice Age Continental Drift.Can't get iDentify to tag it. I've tried Ice Age 4 Continental Drift,Ice Age Continental Drift,Ice Age 4...and about every other combination of these...any ideas?

diogolg

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
Im having the same problem with some of my TV shows. Most of them are tag correctly but for a few it just don't work... Sometimes i try to edit manually and add the imdb id and then rescan and seems to work, but for most of the time it doesn't

CatsTide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012

panda bear

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2010
The last part of the IMDB URL is the code, so for Lost the URL is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/ and the code is tt0411008. In iDentify, just click the Edit Tags button, and you'll see a field for it. Paste it in, then click Rescan Items.

Thanks so much!

Searched the forum before asking the question and found this answer.

Having some problems with tagging the US version of Shameless and Once Upon a Time for some reason.

EDIT: Just tried this for Season 02 Episode 12 of Shameless (US) and I rescan and it still isn't picking it up.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Ive been doing the same thing with IMDB codes for movies and everything works great. Now I am trying TV shows and can't get it to work. Anything different I need to do for TV shows?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Ive been doing the same thing with IMDB codes for movies and everything works great. Now I am trying TV shows and can't get it to work. Anything different I need to do for TV shows?

make sure in the edit screen for iDenifty its shows it as a TVshow and make sure the S01E01 info is correct than hit rescan

wlossw

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I believe that identify does not look at the IMDB codes for Tv shows. I experienced the same problem with Shameless. Just rename file to shameless.(us).sxx.exx and it will work.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I believe that identify does not look at the IMDB codes for Tv shows. I experienced the same problem with Shameless. Just rename file to shameless.(us).sxx.exx and it will work.

your correct it uses TVdb.com for tvshows im pretty sure so those codes wont help, usually like above changing the type and having the S01E01 or whatever season and episdode works

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.