Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnalyzeThis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Did anyone else bothered to backup recently after mac was updated to 10.8.2?

After 10.7.5 update:
It took 3 hrs to backup 3.2 GB worse of changes made by update. I am using FW800/FW400 both are dreadfully slow.

Another forum folks mentioned, network backups are extremely slow as well.

Drives and FW is not a problem. I could copy files at max throughput.

Time Machine idles 99% of the time, only occasionally dumps ~20MB worse of data and idles again.

nevadatraveler

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
Same problem: time machine not working properly after 10.8.2 update

Same issue. Very, very slow. And it appears to be trying to back up random amounts of data: if I stop the back up, it changes from updating, for example, "x" of 6.22gig to updating "y" of 7gigs and so on.

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
How much free space is available on the backup location? It can take some time to remove older backups to make room for new ones.

nevadatraveler

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
The back up drive was evidently too full. Went to a different, clean drive and did a clean time machine. Backed up with no trouble. Maybe the move to 10.8.2 didn't want to delete old backups to make room.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I have 4 Macs backing up to a 3TB TC every hour :confused:

I did start with an empty TC disk when I went to X.8.2.

So TM IS working across 4 different year/different model Macs all on X.8.2.

kd6bez

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2012
Time machine not working

I just updated my MBP and MB to 10.8.2. MBP is backed up to external connected to time capsule, MB is backed up to time capsule. Now neither will backup, volumes are almost full/full respectively. Old backups wont delete like they should, new backups wont run, and oldest backup visible is only 1 day old. After entering time machine, finder crashes, causing system reboot, which is abnormally slow. I had to turn time machine off, reboot, and now appears to have a normal boot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.