Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Share a thought for Ronald Wayne, the co-founder who sold his share back to jobs and woz for...........$800!!!!! Ouch!

Prallethrin

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2011
Is Google's stock price nuts too? Their stock price is higher than Apple's. And Amazon's PE is over 300. I'd say Amazin is more nuts than Apple.

I don't know man. The stocks just keeps going up and up for "no reason" - not very significant reasons to justify the jumps IMHO.

That said, I know crap about stocks - I only know that the stock price of a company depends on what people thinks it's worth. This is just my layman view of things. Maybe this is how stocks work. /shrug

I like Apple and all - definitely getting an iPhone 5 (to replace my ageing 4). Given the way Apple's stock keeps raising, a lot of people investing must really like them.

xofruitcake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
S. it made a new high on weaker momentum, volume has fallen since April. The MACD has diverged. That is a taste of the things I am looking at.

I agreed with everything you said, except that there are pleny more good news to drive the stock price.. Ipad mini still have to come and it will be a blockbuster too.. Apple is rumored to build up 5m a month capacity for Ipad mini. The implication to me is that we should see a $249 version of Ipad mini (otherwise the 5m capacity is way aggressive)..

http://www.padgadget.com/2012/09/18/ipad-mini-reportedly-already-in-production-at-chinese-factory/

alias99

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2010
B

[/COLOR]

Only for people who don't understand the first thing about equity investing. And those people should stay as far away from the stock markets as possible. They are far better off buying an index fund or ETF.

This is true and I agree.

You initially reacted by stating that its not more affordable which isn't true and that was the point I was trying to make.

Like I said I agree with 99% of what you say.

Frobozz

macrumors demi-god
Jul 24, 2002
South Orange, NJ
Same here. Invested in 2003 and bought 1000 shares AAPL, against the advice of the banker, at $13 a share. Shortly after, they split, I now have 2000. My Investement of $13000, coming from my grand mother that passed away, even paid me a few thousend dividend last month.
I'm going to decide after 10 years, very soon, what to do. I'm 61, a nice age to retire.......

FANTASTIC! That's great to hear. I think there are a lot of people who bought around that time– Jobs was back, after all–*and held for a long time.

Hope you have a happy retirement!

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
It will be interesting to see how the 5 is doing. Apple went for form factor as the main selling point, but all I hear is "meh, nothing special"... people's expectations were high on the tech side of things. They can't specify what that would be, they just want "new" and "moar!". The original iPhone was such a leap that everyone has come to expect no less than a revolution every time, and if the latest iPhone can't be used as a jet pack and can't shoot laser beams or teleport coffee to your table, it's "meh".

Last edited by a moderator:

Unspeaked

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2003
West Coast
Barring some world catastrophe, AAPL isn't going to shed a third of its value. It's already undervalued as it is vis-a-vis their industry competitors.

So Apple was at $701 when you posted that. It's at $558 today.

Not quite a third, but still a 20% drop...

Dooger

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
So Apple was at $701 when you posted that. It's at $558 today.

Not quite a third, but still a 20% drop...

He doesn't post on here anymore. Think he picked up his ball and took it home when he realised his precious stocks (along with his grand predictions) were tanking.

Apollo231

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
NYC
Both of you should hang on to that crystal ball! Everyone is great at predicting the past. But predicting the future -- now that's worth something.

I wonder what the price of the Apple stock is now? Lol everything that goes up, comes down, when you hear people surprise of how high the stock was, then you needed to worry and cash in. On the other hand, the Google stock is way higher now than what Apple ever was but you don't see anybody being surprise about that :p

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
On the other hand, the Google stock is way higher now than what Apple ever was but you don't see anybody being surprise about that :p

Because it's not significant. Apple's market cap is still 50% higher than Google's. Google just has fewer shares.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I wonder what the price of the Apple stock is now? Lol everything that goes up, comes down, when you hear people surprise of how high the stock was, then you needed to worry and cash in. On the other hand, the Google stock is way higher now than what Apple ever was but you don't see anybody being surprise about that :p

I don't worry about what other people do. The point I made multiple times in this thread and others of its kind is that worrying about other people is what leads investors into making bad decisions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.