Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
If anyone can order one or doesn't mind missing there money for 2 weeks because you can always use apples 2 week return policly. I would order one (and then send it back lol) but I'm in the uk :(

The Power Mac and iBook are still listed on the site.

I'd just call the 800 number, but not able to do so right now.

Anyways, pretty steep prices for gear that's been sitting around for 7+ years.

chibiterasu

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2012
London, The United Kingdom
The Power Mac and iBook are still listed on the site.

I'd just call the 800 number, but not able to do so right now.

Anyways, pretty steep prices for gear that's been sitting around for 7+ years.

I know there it looks like they have been there for a long time there is an unanswered question from 2010 on one of them lol.

Oh yer its a lot thats why I said I would return it in the 2 weeks if I ordered one but it would be great for laughs:)

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
NH
I know there it looks like they have been there for a long time there is an unanswered question from 2010 on one of them lol.

Oh yer its a lot thats why I said I would return it in the 2 weeks if I ordered one but it would be great for laughs:)

No one here's going to try to buy it.... because we're all afraid we might actually GET it. :D

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
punched in my zip code and it said "this is not a valid entry." The server taking orders is a Workgroup Server 8550/200. :D

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
At least they can run Classic. Mac OS X is a pile of crap, you can't even change the default theme, you are stuck with Aqua.

Classic was much more robust in the ability to modify the GUI and tweak the look of everything. You are also stuck with the Dock in OS X and can't do much about modifying the Apple menu, or seeing icons in the contextual menus....there are many things about Classic I absolutely love that Apple obliterated in OS X.

ihuman:D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2012
Ireland
At least they can run Classic. Mac OS X is a pile of crap, you can't even change the default theme, you are stuck with Aqua.

Classic was much more robust in the ability to modify the GUI and tweak the look of everything. You are also stuck with the Dock in OS X and can't do much about modifying the Apple menu, or seeing icons in the contextual menus....there are many things about Classic I absolutely love that Apple obliterated in OS X.

You can edit the theme...

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Sometimes I kick myself for selling my 12" iBook G4. Looking at that product info page was one of those times just now. :( Whatever happened to Apple honestly? Go back to the 2001-ish to 2005-ish era; it was nearly a completely different company with a different attitude. *Sigh* Stupid nostalgia.

PowerPCMacMan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
PowerPC land
Puchased MDD!

Title says it all.. It seems legit and I should be getting confirmation shortly on when they will be shipping it out to me. I used my Federal Gov't discount to purchase it.

It seems Apple Store in Canada has many of these on hand. Now, someone just needs to purchase the iBook.

Its all legit.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Title says it all.. It seems legit and I should be getting confirmation shortly on when they will be shipping it out to me. I used my Federal Gov't discount to purchase it.

It seems Apple Store in Canada has many of these on hand. Now, someone just needs to purchase the iBook.

Its all legit.

Keep us updated.

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY

Its all legit.

That's just crazy. Not your ordering it, but their selling it.

Unless it's been on their site continuously for eight years, why offer it now? To what extent will they support it? And will they offer a discounted upgrade path? At some point will they offer the Cube? The TiBook? The original iMac?

One scenario that even remotely makes sense is that they want to measure the popularity and desire for PPC Macs. Apple certainly doesn't need the money. But a bunch of people buying these is more likely to mean they don't know what they're getting, rather than renewed interest in an unsupported architecture.

Crazy.

Zeke D

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2011
Arizona
Sometimes I kick myself for selling my 12" iBook G4. Looking at that product info page was one of those times just now. :( Whatever happened to Apple honestly? Go back to the 2001-ish to 2005-ish era; it was nearly a completely different company with a different attitude. *Sigh* Stupid nostalgia.

I still have my iBook G4. It is next on the list to be replaced when my finances allow it. In some apps (creative suite 3) the iBook out performs my first generation MacBook Air.

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
I still have my iBook G4. It is next on the list to be replaced when my finances allow it. In some apps (creative suite 3) the iBook out performs my first generation MacBook Air.

My iBook is my main computer. It works just fine.

(Rumor has it that Dell is offering Pentium towers with Windows 95 pre-installed.)

MAC MAN JW

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
Buffalo,Ny

Its all legit.

Did apple ever send you your PMG4 MDD?

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
If i had that much $ laying around i would just like to buy it and see if apple really ships a Powermac to me or if it was a mistake in the online store!. Now we can all email apple and say you sell it so you have to support it (New Updates/Software):D

Also they are selling iBook's http://store.apple.com/ca_edu_107689/product/M9846LL/A

I have an iBook G4 and the battery lasts nowhere near 6 hours! Maybe I should buy it just for that! <----No, I am not being serious.

You want to know what else I think is pretty cool? My iPad mini is the same resolution as my iBook G4...

EDIT: I saved both pages as PDFs just for fun AND I answered the question asked about it in April of 2010. If I had that money just to spend and have no worries, I would buy it and put the RAM from my current machine in there to have a brand new iBook)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.