Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyone

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Hi,

I need an audio player where I can load multiple tracks, and instantly switch between them with one click during playback. With Audacity, I have to mute A, then unmute B manually, that's annoying.

Does anyone know such a thing?

Thanks!
Andreas

paolo-

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
Hi,

I need an audio player where I can load multiple tracks, and instantly switch between them with one click during playback. With Audacity, I have to mute A, then unmute B manually, that's annoying.

Does anyone know such a thing?

Thanks!
Andreas
Audacity might be able to do it. I think people usually call this function toggle solo. I know at least Pro Tools and Logic can do it. In logic, holding the option key and clicking a solo button will un solo all the other tracks and solo only the one you clicked. If you're just comparing two tracks, what happens if you solo one track, select both and hit the solo hot key?

Actually, thinking about it, doesn't the solo button in Audacity solo strictly do one track at a time? You might be fine pressing the solo on the track you want to hear then press the solo on the other track when you want to change.

andyone

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
That sounds like the function I need. Unfortunately, Audacity doesn't do this, you can solo as many tracks as you want.

andyone

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Awesome, thanks a lot! I feel bad for not finding it in the manual myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.