Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
Nope, not that I am aware of, when i did the swap there was no sim card switching.. they did it all from their "retail POS" iphone. Was in and out in about 10 mins - didn't even open the retail box till I got home, the replacement phone was already setup to my ATT account when I powered it on.

----------

All my phones where from the same factory I know that part, I didn't save the link to look it up and too tired to find the site again, - but it was foxcon in china.

They all are Foxconn china, this is the website, but really it's the first 3 letters in the serial that matter
http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html/

mac.fanatic

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
Week 40 Black 16gig ATT - Dead pixel in the center - returned same day

Replacement - retail box - Week 40 Black 16 gig ATT - Very light scratches in back edges of phone. Will replace.

Wife's Phone Week 40 White 16 gig ATT - Flawless.

Did you exchange it at an AT&T store or an Apple Store?

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
Week 41 White 64GB

Flawless in every way!

Attachments

• iphone5.jpg
    iphone5.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 56

Radeon85

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
South Wales, UK
Original white iPhone 5 64gb was week 33 I had on launch day, mint condition but had a red stuck pixel :(. Screen was lovely and white and had a uniform screen.

2nd one (white box replacement), week 36 had dust/metal particle under the screen, phone was in mint condition and again a nice white uniform screen.

3rd one (white box replacement), week 40, so far no stuck/dead pixels and still has a nice white uniform screen.

Apples quality control is disgusting.

My 3GS, 4 and 4S though were perfect when they launched and haven't been changed once.

theactor19

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
Went to my phone service provider and bought an Iphone 5 today (they had it in stock). Its Week 40, and I cannot find a single scratch, mark, scuff, dent, or chip. It looks perfect! Hopefully it doesn't wear too much as I like to keep my phone caseless.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
Went to my phone service provider and bought an Iphone 5 today (they had it in stock). Its Week 40, and I cannot find a single scratch, mark, scuff, dent, or chip. It looks perfect! Hopefully it doesn't wear too much as I like to keep my phone caseless.

What factory? (first 3 letters)

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
Original white iPhone 5 64gb was week 33 I had on launch day, mint condition but had a red stuck pixel :(. Screen was lovely and white and had a uniform screen.

2nd one (white box replacement), week 36 had dust/metal particle under the screen, phone was in mint condition and again a nice white uniform screen.

3rd one (white box replacement), week 40, so far no stuck/dead pixels and still has a nice white uniform screen.

Apples quality control is disgusting.

My 3GS, 4 and 4S though were perfect when they launched and haven't been changed once.

If all it had was a stuck red pixel and the rest was "mint" you shouldn't have returned it. Stuck pixels go back to normal.

----------

Apple has already said that with time the phone will scuff so if you like caseless you are defintely going to be seeing scuff over time.

i7QuadCoreMania

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009
If all it had was a stuck red pixel and the rest was "mint" you shouldn't have returned it. Stuck pixels go back to normal.

----------

Apple has already said that with time the phone will scuff so if you like caseless you are defintely going to be seeing scuff over time.

I've never seen a stuck pixel go back to normal, those tricks used to quickly change the screen colors back and forth never worked for me.:rolleyes:

maybe like a 1 in 100 chance lol but never for me.

Radeon85

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
South Wales, UK

Tried running a pixel fix video on full brightness for 10hrs and did nothing, had the phone about a 2 weeks before I exchanged it. It's still a malfunctioning transistor, even if it corrected itself it may have returned.

They can correct themselves but I have not personally seen one fix themselves yet.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store

----------

I've never seen a stuck pixel go back to normal, those tricks used to quickly change the screen colors back and forth never worked for me.:rolleyes:

maybe like a 1 in 100 chance lol but never for me.

Tried running a pixel fix video on full brightness for 10hrs and did nothing, had the phone about a 2 weeks before I exchanged it. It's still a malfunctioning transistor, even if it corrected itself it may have returned.

They can correct themselves but I have not personally seen one fix themselves yet.

I have NEVER seen a stuck pixel disappear, even with the test

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Week 41 and Flawless. Finally I can move on with my life.

...and come back to do it all over again with the 5S

Benny-

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2009
Berlin
What factory was it from (first 3 letters)

Model introduced: 2012
Serial number: x
Production year: 2012
Production week: 41 (October)
Name: iPhone 5
ModelCode: iphone_5
Model Number: MD299
Group1: iPhone
Group2:
Generation: 7
Machine Model: iPhone5,1
CPU speed: 1.3GHz
Family name: Become a pro user to see this information. (sorry)
Screen size: 4 inch
Screen resolution: 1136x640 pixels
Colour: Black
Capacity: 32GB
Factory: C3 (China)

I will be returning this, Apple were helpful and another unit in on the way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.