Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamdavekennedy

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
London / Belfast
This one is by far the nicest I have ever seen out there, but their turnarounds seem slow as they're always out of stock and when they do take orders they're out again as soon as they've announced it!

http://www.hardgraft.com/products/phonefoldwalletplus-heritage

phonefoldplusheritage-full.jpg

Anyone know if theres anything else really similar to this out there?

RichS

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2011
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Delicate-Multicolor-ID-Name-Credit-Card-Holder-Case-Cover-For-iPhone-5-/110965574155?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item19d6104a0b

Anybody have this one yet? Can we squeeze 2 cards in?

What about different colors for the kill Spenser? I'd definitely buy an all white one.

It appears this $5 eBay one above is the thinnest- anyone disagree?

cseshan

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
Build Quality of the Hex Case

Really like it and love the feel of the leather. The leather has loosened enough that I can get 4 cards in. Its a snug fit but still easy enough to remove the cards.

Not sure about the Stealth but I would assume it only fits 1 card.

Read some reviews on the Apple store that the iphone 4S version of the Hex case did not last long. Does the build quality of the iphone 5 version feel better?

http://store.apple.com/us/reviews/H7819ZM/A/hex-solo-wallet-case-for-iphone-4s?fnode=47&p=2

riseboi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Miami Beach

august88

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
HEX Solo

Really like it and love the feel of the leather. The leather has loosened enough that I can get 4 cards in. Its a snug fit but still easy enough to remove the cards.

Not sure about the Stealth but I would assume it only fits 1 card.

I have been using a HEX Solo for a while now and totally like it. The cards are held in tight, no issues there. Super slim case.

http://www.shophex.com/solo-wallet

I believe the stealth can hold a card or two but it looks like its popular if you have an RFID "WavePay" style Visa/Mastercard.

Attachments

• photo-(1).jpg
    photo-(1).jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 181

cseshan

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
I can't speak for those reviews, but I had the Hex Solo for the 4S too. I never had issues with mine. Time will only tell how this version lasts.

Thanks. could have been possible that they put it through very rough use. How long did you use the Hex solo for 4 S?

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Another note on the Speck ID case in case this helps anyone.

I rocked the naked 5 for two weeks then my Speck case came. Put it on, thought it was thick as hell. I've always had the Case-Mate ID case before, so I decided to compare the thickness of the two.

Wow. So apparently Speck's case that holds 3 ID's for the iPhone 5 is the same thickness as the Case-Mate ID case that holds 2 ID's for the 4/4S.

Props to Apple for making a thin phone I guess...

Anyway, it's been 3 weeks and while the case does make the phone thicker, I'm used to it already. Also, it's nice to be able to carry 3 to 4 cards instead of just 2. I'm actually thankful Case-Mate took their time in releasing their case and ignoring me on Twitter so I can go explore other options.

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
hey i am looking for a case that is thin, but holds cards. I don't care for protection. I also want the cards to be concealed. smartflex is way too thick and not is attractive. i wish there was a case with two tone designs. any suggestions?

joshmacbosh

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2009
I got this off Etsy. Delivery was good to UK. Orange is not quite as vibrant as it looks in the listing but materials are nice and i'm pleased with it.
It's nice to not have to carry my wallet around everywhere.
il_570xN.344163494.jpg

Last edited:

august88

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
Axis Wallet for iPhone 5

Has anyone tried the new AXIS WALLET FOR IPHONE 5? I really think I might bite the bullett and order it!

My co-worker walked in with an HEX Axis Wallet on his iPhone 5. I think I need to upgrade my 4 to a 5 after seeing this!

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 153
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 138
  • photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 149

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
I've been noticing a lot of people actually like the cases with the front cover. Should I include those? If so, anyone willing to wrangle a list together for me?

Also... pics are up for the i5 iLid. This is what I am getting.

183835_410332329038039_806314529_n.jpg

58760_406565386081400_1453856825_n.jpg

rollingstart

Jul 15, 2007
I just got the SF Bags/Waterfield Hint today. I've attached some pics.

Some impressions:
  1. The brown leather is high-quality and smells great.
  2. The fit is very snug, no worries that the phone will fall out. At the same time, the fit is so snug you won't be able to have anything more than a screen protector (and maybe a back protector) applied to your iPhone. Side protection like Ghost Armor will likely peel off from your phone from repeatedly sliding the phone in and out of the sleeve. Not sure about ultra thin cases, but my Diz TPU has no shot of going into this sleeve.
  3. As with any other sleeve, it's susceptible to lint and particles. This combined with the sliding action can't be good for your phone unless you keep your phone and sleeve clean regularly.
  4. The plastic window is a great idea, although with the iPhone 5's design there is no way to take a phone call with the phone inside the sleeve (no speaker or mic holes built in). Texting and very light browsing with the phone through the window is passable.
  5. The external pouch is good for about 5 cards.

Overall, I really like this case, although I wouldn't keep it as my only go to. Too many minor nagging usability issues to use it daily. I'll be using it for nights out and quick trips to the grocery store.

Attachments

• sfhint0.jpg
    sfhint0.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 149
  • sfhint2.jpg
    sfhint2.jpg
    637.6 KB · Views: 182
  • sfhint3.jpg
    sfhint3.jpg
    630.6 KB · Views: 183
  • sfhint4.jpg
    sfhint4.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 166

lcastillo1475

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
I've been noticing a lot of people actually like the cases with the front cover. Should I include those? If so, anyone willing to wrangle a list together for me?

Also... pics are up for the i5 iLid. This is what I am getting.

Yay! So exited! Had it for the 4s, will definitely get it for the 5

serkan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
I think the Stealth by HEX is good because nobody can see your money and your card ;) And second of all rather the putting everything inside in a secret place you can put money and even a key ;) I think I ll order one but the problem is I cant be sure that it is solid ? I mean protect my phone or is it gonna be jammes after some time opening and closing that secret place ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.