Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
The Forum Rules prohibit "Useless and one-word posts" but don't specifically mention useless or one-word thread titles. Can someone confirm if the "posts" bit includes thread titles as well?

While the content of the below threads may not be useless, their titles give no indication of what they're about, which makes me either ignore them (defeats the purpose of posting them in the first place if others are also ignoring them) or feel that I've wasted my time once I read through them and realize they don't apply to me in any way (or that I can't offer anything of substance):

Now what?
Can I do this?
Seriously...
Contacts
What Time
Good idea or bad idea?

I'm guessing I'm not alone in wishing people would be more specific with their thread titles (and make use of the search function) and I'm not sure how you'd address these but if they're something that should or should not be reported, I'd like to know so that I can do my part to help keep the forums clean.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
If you report them, we'll generally change the titles. If you give us a suitable replacement title, we'll increment your super hidden candy bar count up by 1.

Also titles that are missing relevant punctuation.

"$999 iMac incoming" would be better changed to "$999 iMac incoming?" most likely.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
If you report them, we'll generally change the titles. If you give us a suitable replacement title, we'll increment your super hidden candy bar count up by 1.

Also titles that are missing relevant punctuation.

"$999 iMac incoming" would be better changed to "$999 iMac incoming?" most likely.

^^^ What SP said. Do you prefer Snickers or Milky Way? :p:)

Okay, thanks!

And I'm not really big on candy so could we work something out where I instead get, say, beer? :D

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Okay, thanks!

And I'm not really big on candy so could we work something out where I instead get, say, beer? :D

Somehow all the beer is gone... not sure why.

"Twas only an old beer bottle...
Floating on the foam...
Twas only an old beer bottle...
Ten thousand miles from home...
Inside a piece of paper...
These words written on...
Whoever finds this bottle,
Finds the beer's all gone."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.