Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
I have just found out that if your following more than 1500 people then Tweetbot will not live stream!! No answer from them on this issue. I noticed this bug in the third alpha, and still....

Last edited:

gc916

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2012
Just got an email from Apple App Store agreeing to a refund,

Tapbot still not replied or acknowledged my complaint

Thanks again
That has been my experience with Tapbots, as well, after their initial response. Glad you got the refund from Apple.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Assuming the syncing were to work, it looks like the capability to scroll to the marker is missing from the final. I remember it working in the beta (I'm using TweetMarker, not iCloud, if it matters) but I only see options to Scroll to Top/Bottom. Am I missing something?

For me syncing with Tweetmarker is working only from Mac to iphone. It doesn't work from iphone to Mac. Only when I stop Tweetbot for Mac completely, it picks up the mark set on the iphone.

gc916

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2012
That has been my experience with Tapbots, as well, after their initial response. Glad you got the refund from Apple.
It doesn't change my experience or opinion, but in case it may be of help to others, I'm posting this message I received from Tapbots late Thursday:

"Some users have found that they need to have "Cellular Data" enabled in the iCloud sync options in their phones for sync to work correctly.

We do not have control over the iCloud itself - it's an apple service that we are able to access.

If you would like a refund, you will have to go through the Mac App Store:
http://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/

Thanks for contacting us!
Katrina - Tapbots Support"

In my opinion, they are still not acknowledging that a problem exists and/or that they are working on a resolution. Are they hoping that purchasers will just accept the app's apparent limitation? Seems odd to me, but I guess it could be that iCloud sync isn't important to most users.

thewretched

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2006
Not buying it. Bought Tweetie a while back when it was more expensive than TweetBot but with Twitter going nowhere right now in terms of supporting client apps (ridiculous 100.000 token limit etc.), I don't see a reason to buy it.

PJ.

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
Forgive the slight OT question but if you already have a Twitter app could Twitter pull it from me or will it be for new customers of that app not allowed to purchase?

PJ.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
I will add that it was discovered that if your following more than 1500 people Tweetbot will not live stream, it a bad bug, the live streaming bug goes back to the 3rd alpha! All desktops are not supported and pin to top is broken.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Is syncing with Tweetmarker working OK for anyone?

For me, Tweetmarker syncing only works one way, from Mac to iOS.

Tweetbot for Mac does not pick up the Tweetmarker set on an iOS device. Only when I stop it completely before and start it up again it syncs.

udontno

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2011
VA, USA
Sticking with TweetDeck over here. I've been using that for a long time, even back when I had a Windows machine.

Gala

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
iCloud sync is working fine on my end. After seeing the $20 price tag I used Tweetdeck and Twitter app for 2-3 weeks. I couldn't get over the difficulty in getting to the "Conversation" part of each tweet.

I caved and got Tweetbot and haven't been happier. Being able to swipe to get to the entire conversation of a tweet is so important for me.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
I have one question before I make the leap to TweetBot - I currently use YoruFukurou, and it has a neat feature where it will show a broken heart icon over someone's avatar if I follow them but they don't follow me back ("one-sided follow", they call it).

I find that very useful as Twitter's unfollow bug has struck me several times.

Is there an easy way to show following/follower status in Tweetbot? I can't see anything on the screenshots on the Mac app store.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I have one question before I make the leap to TweetBot - I currently use YoruFukurou, and it has a neat feature where it will show a broken heart icon over someone's avatar if I follow them but they don't follow me back ("one-sided follow", they call it).

I find that very useful as Twitter's unfollow bug has struck me several times.

Is there an easy way to show following/follower status in Tweetbot? I can't see anything on the screenshots on the Mac app store.

You can see that under your profile - following. When you choose on of the persons you follow, on their profile there is a button that is "Follow" or "Unfollow" depending on the status. You can see this on the third screenshot in the Mac app store.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
You can see that under your profile - following. When you choose on of the persons you follow, on their profile there is a button that is "Follow" or "Unfollow" depending on the status. You can see this on the third screenshot in the Mac app store.

OK, so that's the same as the iOS version of TweetBot, isn't it? The at-a-glance badge in Yorufukurou is really what I need. Hmm.

Then again, perhaps the other features of TweetBot outweigh this? I really like the idea of separating all my windows and joining them up into columns. No other client (aside from the semi-functional TweetDeck) does this.

Shame they haven't done a demo version, but I guess with Twitter's limited tokens they can't.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
OK, so that's the same as the iOS version of TweetBot, isn't it? The at-a-glance badge in Yorufukurou is really what I need. Hmm.

Then again, perhaps the other features of TweetBot outweigh this? I really like the idea of separating all my windows and joining them up into columns. No other client (aside from the semi-functional TweetDeck) does this.

Shame they haven't done a demo version, but I guess with Twitter's limited tokens they can't.

Yes, I think it is the same as under iOS. I also would like a quicker way to see who of the persons I follow are following me back. It would be great if this was showed in the list of persons you follow.

As for features: I think Tweetbot has quite a lot of features. Also the notifications are very nice. Two things are lacking however:
- the possibility to change background and text colors
- tweets longer than 140 chars

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
Finally took the plunge and got it, and liking it so far.

Just one question: does Tweetbot support dock icon badges? I've checked the preferences and set notifications for DMs, mentions, etc, and I've also checked the System Preferences for Notifications, and Tweetbot is set to banners, badge app icon, and playing a sound. Sounds and banners work, but my dock icon remains blank.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
Nobody?

Still no dock icon badges for tweets. Disappointing, if Tweetbot doesn't actually have them. Can't find any documentation about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.