Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

txr0ckabilly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 21, 2008
Southwest Louisiana
i reset safari and cleared the cache and still no front page. don't know why this got moved to site and forum feedback. it seems like its a technical issue with the OS and browser to me.... whatever...

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
i reset safari and cleared the cache and still no front page. don't know why this got moved to site and forum feedback. it seems like its a technical issue with the OS and browser to me.... whatever...

try a different browser?

is it still not working?

arn

snowleopard48

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
I've just got no sidebar, it's below the main content for me... Same computer that I have used before with same screen resolution/browser size.

MechaSpanky

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
The same thing was happening to me. I tried switching browsers but it didn't help (I tried Safari and Camino but neither of them would load the front page). I turned off JavaScript and now things are fine.

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country
The same thing was happening to me. I tried switching browsers but it didn't help (I tried Safari and Camino but neither of them would load the front page). I turned off JavaScript and now things are fine.

Thank you for that! I must admit, I thought Javascript was required for login (as with other sites), so I didn't even try turning it off.

snowleopard48

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
Turned off JS and yeah, the sidebar is back to normal. However, this still isn't fixed with it on. An update from the MR team would be appreciated. :)

MechaSpanky

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
OLDCODGER,

Did turning off JavaScript work for you? If I turn on JavaScript, I get a blank page. Simply turning off JavaScript and reloading the pages works for me. I wasn't sure if it would work for you or not as I don't have Omniweb. I think it is an advertisement with some bad JavaScript, just a guess. I'm not having any problems with the sidebar on my computer.

Mecha

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country
OLDCODGER,

Did turning off JavaScript work for you? If I turn on JavaScript, I get a blank page. Simply turning off JavaScript and reloading the pages works for me. I wasn't sure if it would work for you or not as I don't have Omniweb. I think it is an advertisement with some bad JavaScript, just a guess. I'm not having any problems with the sidebar on my computer.

Mecha

Yes, thanks. I, too, got the blank page on Omniweb and Slimboat - but not Safari (which i hate). I use Omniweb because it allows for page/site specific preferences - on the fly, and sidebar thumbnail tabs.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hey guys,

Sorry. Didn't realize this was still an issue. I'm downloading Omniweb to see if I can reproduce the issue.

arn

----------

I can't seem to reproduce this on Chrome for iPad or Omniweb.

Can people clarify if it's 100% of the time, or just on some page loads?

Also can you be specific about which versions you are using os/browser?

thanks
arn

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
I have a similar issue since today (did not happen before). I use Camino 2.1.2 on Tiger, and at random, the page is replaced with a blank page at the end of loading. So I see the correct page for 1/10th of a second, and total whiteness.
If I reload 3-4 times, it might work.
The front page has more problems than the forum pages.
If I turn off JS, no issues.

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
Firefox has the exact same glitch today. A fraction of a second it looks good, then boom, white page.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I have a similar issue since today (did not happen before). I use Camino 2.1.2 on Tiger, and at random, the page is replaced with a blank page at the end of loading. So I see the correct page for 1/10th of a second, and total whiteness.
If I reload 3-4 times, it might work.
The front page has more problems than the forum pages.
If I turn off JS, no issues.

When you get that blank page scroll up and down then back up and see if the page appears.

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country
Arn, I am using Omniweb 5.11.2 on SL 10.6.8.

I get exactly the same issues as reported by blanka, including the fact that forum pages sometimes load properly.

Quitting Javascript solves the problem.

----------

When you get that blank page scroll up and down then back up and see if the page appears.

No dice - there are no scroll bars.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Can you guys test these pages and tell me which of these blank or work (please leave JS on)

edit: I think I figured it out

arn

Last edited:

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Ok,

I think it's been fixed. Let me know if it is still happening.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.