Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
I made lasagna last night.

Attachments

• lasagna 20121006.jpg
    lasagna 20121006.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 116

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
Carnitas!
002Canitas-vi.jpg

004Tacos-vi.jpg

Roasted corn with garlic butter, lime, tapatio and fresh cotija
003Corn-vi.jpg

Had to try this for lunch yesterday
001Burger-vi.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I tried a copy cat recipe of Panera's broccoli cheese soup and it turned out quite well. Then made pumpkin fluff dip for dessert.
Photo%20Oct%2010%2C%208%2037%2044%20PM.jpg

image.jpg

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
some of the gluttony from the weekend.

32 oz. prime rib
006PrimeRib-vi.jpg

mound o' crab
008Crab-vi.jpg

protein breakfast
004Breakfast2-vi.jpg

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
here's my chinese feast from wo fat in vegas.

crispy kau chee
001KauChee-vi.jpg

cake noodle with beef broccoli
002CakeNoodle-vi.jpg

fishcake with vegetables
003Fishcake-vi.jpg

ong choy with ham har and pork
004UngChoy-vi.jpg

oyster sauce chicken
005Chicken-vi.jpg

salt and pepper pork chops
006PorkChop-vi.jpg

stuffed duck
007Duck-vi.jpg

kau yuk
008KauYuk-vi.jpg

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
charcuterie and provolone
003Salami-vi.jpg

chicken parm and spaghetti aglio e olio
002Chicken-vi.jpg

chicken and dumplings
2-vi.jpg

002-vi.jpg

alaskan king crab rangoons
003-vi.jpg

005-vi.jpg

prime rib philly
006-vi.jpg

myusername12345

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2012
Adobo. Yuuum

This is a dish not original from the country. It was said to be cooked from rabbit meat but the original cooks of this found no rabbit in the country so they just used chicken instead. Yuuum.:D

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
classic meatloaf with mushroom gravy
001Meatloaf-vi.jpg

LA street dog
002HotDog-vi.jpg

fried chicken, dressing, creamed spinach
003Chicken-vi.jpg

bibim naeng myun
004NaengMyun-vi.jpg

made some korean bbq and didn't some different things

musubi
006Musubi-vi.jpg

torta
007Sandwich-vi.jpg

taco
008Taco-vi.jpg

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
made my own cake noodle last week.

011Noodles-vi.jpg

012Noodles2-vi.jpg

shrimp caesar
013Caesar-vi.jpg

parpadelle with short rib ragu
014Parpadelle-vi.jpg

chocolate bread pudding
017BreadPudding-vi.jpg

had this tasty morsel for lunch on saturday
016FiletOFish-vi.jpg

DerfBWH

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2008
Introducing "Post your breakfast, lunch, or dinner..." college style.
Episode 1.

As I eagerly made my way up the stairs to the campus's one large dining area, my senses were overwhelmed with the sweet smell of college student - they were all there, in this one small area. The jock. The nerd. The asian nerd. The fake girl. The hipsters. As overwhelming as this smell was, though, it was nothing in comparison to the smell of quality food prepared by Sodexo, America's premiere dining services. I could hardly wait to shove tonight's glorious meal down my throat as quickly as possible.

Let's find out what was for dinner.
------
The first thing you'll notice about tonight's meal, a turkey, cheese, and bacon melt and rice, is that it was lovingly served on an appetizing toxic green takeout container, comprised of Grade 5, BPA free plastics. Tonight's utensils were bright blue in color, offering a rich, beautiful opposing color to the green plastic.

The sandwich itself was filled with an entire slice of gooey, melty American cheese-like product that tasted what I believe to be the equivalent of pure, unadulterated bliss. The turkey, low grade deli turkey, was sodium packed with that exquisite left-over taste that twelve year olds are so fond of.

The rice, of the sticky white variety, had the wonderful consistency (and dare I say it, the taste) of phlegm, and was truly the perfect side dish to this meal I was about the enjoy so very much. As I ate it bite by bite, I tasted absolutely none of those pesky nutrients that often plague less refined brown rice alternatives.

I was even lucky enough to have some of my rice carelessly placed on top of my turkey, bacon, cheese-thing melty sandwich of love. Inspirational.
IhcvYl.jpg

Inside the sandwich was three slices of moist, tenderly cooked bacon strips that were truly as moist and as delectable as what can be found in an expertly cooked hot pocket. This was truly a treat to behold.

Finally, for dessert, I treated myself to a dark roast coffee over ice. Forget about the less than ideal locally owned finds that plague many cities or townships, Sodexo's "Aspretto" brand coffee burns their beans with the utmost craft.

I enjoyed my dark roast coffee over ice on top of an HP TouchPad food tray, similar to the sort that would be in use by a waiter at a snobby restaurant, because that's the only thing it's good for.

Hope you all enjoyed this insight into the high powered and royal lifestyle of a college student - see you all again real soon.

haxrnick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
Seattle
Introducing "Post your breakfast, lunch, or dinner..." college style.
Episode 1.

As I eagerly made my way up the stairs to the campus's one large dining area, my senses were overwhelmed with the sweet smell of college student - they were all there, in this one small area. The jock. The nerd. The asian nerd. The fake girl. The hipsters. As overwhelming as this smell was, though, it was nothing in comparison to the smell of quality food prepared by Sodexo, America's premiere dining services. I could hardly wait to shove tonight's glorious meal down my throat as quickly as possible.

Let's find out what was for dinner.
------
The first thing you'll notice about tonight's meal, a turkey, cheese, and bacon melt and rice, is that it was lovingly served on an appetizing toxic green takeout container, comprised of Grade 5, BPA free plastics. Tonight's utensils were bright blue in color, offering a rich, beautiful opposing color to the green plastic.
[url=http://i.imgur.com/3PpJgl.jpg]Image[/URL]

The sandwich itself was filled with an entire slice of gooey, melty American cheese-like product that tasted what I believe to be the equivalent of pure, unadulterated bliss. The turkey, low grade deli turkey, was sodium packed with that exquisite left-over taste that twelve year olds are so fond of.
[url=http://i.imgur.com/5CmGDl.jpg]Image[/URL]

The rice, of the sticky white variety, had the wonderful consistency (and dare I say it, the taste) of phlegm, and was truly the perfect side dish to this meal I was about the enjoy so very much. As I ate it bite by bite, I tasted absolutely none of those pesky nutrients that often plague less refined brown rice alternatives.
[url=http://i.imgur.com/5msMml.jpg]Image[/URL]

I was even lucky enough to have some of my rice carelessly placed on top of my turkey, bacon, cheese-thing melty sandwich of love. Inspirational.

Inside the sandwich was three slices of moist, tenderly cooked bacon strips that were truly as moist and as delectable as what can be found in an expertly cooked hot pocket. This was truly a treat to behold.
[url=http://i.imgur.com/7ZiUQl.jpg]Image[/URL]

Finally, for dessert, I treated myself to a dark roast coffee over ice. Forget about the less than ideal locally owned finds that plague many cities or townships, Sodexo's "Aspretto" brand coffee burns their beans with the utmost craft.

I enjoyed my dark roast coffee over ice on top of an HP TouchPad food tray, similar to the sort that would be in use by a waiter at a snobby restaurant, because that's the only thing it's good for.
[url=http://i.imgur.com/O04lZl.jpg]Image[/URL]

Hope you all enjoyed this insight into the high powered and royal lifestyle of a college student - see you all again real soon.

Great post. Would read again.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
Is it as simple to make as it looks? I've been wanting to do this for quite a while.

pretty simple. boil the noodles until soft. (they should not be al dente for this application.) drain, but do not rinse. you want the starch to keep the noodles stuck together. heat a pan on medium low. my burners are really hot, so you may have to adjust. coat it generously with vegetable or peanut oil. cook until crispy and golden brown then flip. if your heat is too high, you may burn the noodles, if it's too low, they won't get crispy. also, i like to salt both sides of the cake.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.