Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphone joe

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
NY
Some sites are reporting that if you purchased an iPad 3 less then 30 days ago the Apple store will allow you to exchange it for an iPad 4, Is this true?

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Apple will refund your money during the first 30 days on any device so I would say, yes! You would be within your return window.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Some sites are reporting that if you purchased an iPad 3 less then 30 days ago the Apple store will allow you to exchange it for an iPad 4, Is this true?

Some sites, are reporting that a store is. Ask your store, not random people scattered around the internet.

vish26

Suspended
Sep 17, 2012
OK I dont know if someone of you here can confirm this. But I have just bought the iPad-3 here in India last Friday. Considering that iPad carries a International Warranty which means a iPad bought in part of the world holds the same value to Apple store as in Countries where Apple has its own stores. I would like to take advantage of this offer where Apple has said anybody who has bought the iPad-3 in the last 30 days they can get it upgraded to iPad-4. One of my Friend is Visiting the U.S in First week of November and I would still be under the 30 Day offer period. Can I get it exchanged from him ? Will Apple upgrade it for me ? Can somebody in the U.S please call up the Apple Number and find this information for me please....;) I mean if someone could :rolleyes:

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
OK I dont know if someone of you here can confirm this. But I have just bought the iPad-3 here in India last Friday. Considering that iPad carries a International Warranty which means a iPad bought in part of the world holds the same value to Apple store as in Countries where Apple has its own stores. I would like to take advantage of this offer where Apple has said anybody who has bought the iPad-3 in the last 30 days they can get it upgraded to iPad-4. One of my Friend is Visiting the U.S in First week of November and I would still be under the 30 Day offer period. Can I get it exchanged from him ? Will Apple upgrade it for me ? Can somebody in the U.S please call up the Apple Number and find this information for me please....;) I mean if someone could :rolleyes:

Apple did not say what you claim they said.

Hjmoore420

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
Contact Apple

If you bought from Apple directly, their website, they have extended the return policy to 30 days. you can call them here: 800-275-2273

vish26

Suspended
Sep 17, 2012
If you bought from Apple directly, their website, they have extended the return policy to 30 days. you can call them here: 800-275-2273

No I did not buy it from Apple directly. I bought it from one of their resellers in India.

Bianchiboy

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
Ipad 3 exchange for ipad 4

I just went to my local Apple store and asked the manager, I have purchased 2 ipad3's one 30 Sept and one 6 Oct, he said they would exchange them no problem, he said they are not due for another week or so, he wrote on my receipts to say they would honour it and to come back after the release date.
I must say a lot of companies could learn a lot from Apples customer service, I cannot fault them in fact due to good experiences with them I have iMac, 2 iPhones and 2 iPads now.:)

Last edited:

vish26

Suspended
Sep 17, 2012
I just went to my local Apple store and asked the manager, I have purchased 2 ipad3's one 30 Sept and one 6 Oct, he said they would exchange them no problem, he said they are not due for another week or so, he wrote on my receipts to say they would honour it and to come back after the release date.
I must say a lot of companies could learn a lot from Apples customer service, I cannot fault them in fact due to good experiences with them I have iMac, 2 iPhones and 2 iPads now.:)

What store was it ? That really is surprising because I just called up the Apple Customer Service Number and I also called the Apple Fifth Avenue New York Store and none of those places said we are running any such offers that if you have bought your iPad in the last 30 days or so we will take it back and upgrade it to iPad-4 ! So what is it that you guys are reporting here ??

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
iPad refund is only 14 days.

Returns from Apples policy..... (USA policy only)

"We fundamentally believe you will be thrilled with the products you purchase from the Apple Store. That’s because we go out of our way to ensure that they’re designed and built to be just what you need. We understand, however, that sometimes a product may not be what you expected it to be. In that unlikely event, we invite you to review the following terms related to returning a product."

"For iPhone returns, you may return your undamaged iPhone with its included accessories within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Here’s the important part: returning your iPhone may not automatically cancel or reset your wireless account; you are responsible for your wireless service agreement and for any applicable fees associated with your wireless account. Please contact your provider for more information."

"For any other product, simply return it with the original receipt (or gift receipt) and original packaging within 14 days of the date you receive the product. If the item is returned within this timeframe, we’ll exchange it or offer a refund based upon the original payment method. For returns to an Apple Retail Store for cash, cash equivalent, and check transactions over $750, Apple will mail a refund check to you within 10 business days. Please note the following:"

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011

no they haven't.

i just called yesterday, i am on my 20th day since i bought my iPad 3. they said no, they will not take it back. they told me a store wouldn't do it either.

despite what they say, i will be going to a store this evening

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Just returned my iPad 3 yesterday. Was still closed in box (bought as Xmas gift) and was 15 days since I purchased. Was told, only because it was closed would they refund so I could get iPad 4 on Nov. 2. Apple policy is 14 days and if they sway from that then you are lucky. Just remember they have to resell all they get back.

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Many credit cards offer extended return protection that extends the return period essentially. Limits do apply so it may not be helpful. Check with your issuing bank -- meaning you will have to call them and ask. No one on here can speak for your issuing bank.

Bianchiboy

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
I won't disclose the location of the store I went too other than its in Australia, I don't think there is any official policy on this and it will be at the discression of the store manager, I will post after I have gone back to confirm if they have honoured what he said.
My suggestion is go to your local store with your 3 in its box with everything and ask the manager politely, he is probably under no obligation after 14 days and will depend on how he sees things, to be honest my store will continue to get my business due to fantastic customer service, I bet Harvey Norman et al would not do this......
Good luck everybody

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.