Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
Insanely low... most expected $15.00 EPS next quarter. This wasn't a good quarter.

Actually, far from it. The Q1 2012 estimate was only $9.30 from AAPL and they crushed it with $13.87 actual EPS.

Keep in mind that AAPL is conservative and crush their own estimates while analysts are all over the damn place. Do what I do, don't listen to analysts.

realtwang

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010

knarzie

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2008
interesting that year on year growth of Macs is only 1%. I thought they would be more successful in selling iOS devices as gateway drugs.

pedromartins

Suspended
Sep 7, 2012
Porto, Portugal
interesting that year on year growth of Macs is only 1%. I thought they would be more successful in selling iOS devices as gateway drugs.

the industry is down 10%, mac refreshes were much later than expected.

wait and see 6 million macs sold next quarter, together with 25millions iPad ( mini included), 40million iphones and 15 million iPods.

then what? Apple is doomed?

FlameofAnor

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Post-PC world. Apple has been saying that for the past 2-3 years now and iOS device sales are through the roof.

The only reason to attribute low sales of the iPhone in this quarter is people awaiting the release of the iPhone 5. This holiday quarter will crush your pessimism.

Amazing how people fail to grasp such simple things, isn't it? ;)

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
scares me how many macs there are and sold, and its such a small percentage. And damn at 50% for iPhone. That's 72% from iPad/iPhone.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Post-PC world. Apple has been saying that for the past 2-3 years now and iOS device sales are through the roof.

The only reason to attribute low sales of the iPhone in this quarter is people awaiting the release of the iPhone 5. This holiday quarter will crush your pessimism.

And unlike you, analysts did not know this in advance and had unreasonably high expectations, right? Brilliant!

tipp

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
Insanely low... most expected $15.00 EPS next quarter. This wasn't a good quarter.

Pass some of what you're smokin' buddy. They matched or beat almost all the analysts' estimates, and added $8 billion to their warchest. Only in today's weird market could this not be considered good.

SoApple

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
What do they define profit as?
Everything after taxes , employee salary , equipment , materials etc?

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Pass some of what you're smokin' buddy. They matched or beat almost all the analysts' estimates, and added $8 billion to their warchest. Only in today's weird market could this not be considered good.

It's good, but not $600 per share good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.