Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qibbly

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
It's silly to keep rolling out when they haven't caught up with orders yet...

Definitely agree. To drive up demand no doubt. Not to "side" with apple but business-wise it makes sense. For consumers who are not "connected" in those countries, yes this is a total bummer and Annoying.

"Big boy apple do what big boy apple want" type of thing I guess.:confused:

tuamtuem

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2009
Meanwhile, wait time in the USA for people who still want to buy one is 4 weeks.

Hey Apple: How about you ramp up production enough to meet existing demand before you start selling in more countries? Or would that be too much to ask?

I think the reason of the shipping delay in U.S is because Apple can make more profit on other countries than the U.S. Some of the US quota might go to other countries.

In Thailand, the iPhone 5 price started from $799 with no contract and $770 with monthly payment plan. It's make sense that Apple might want to gain a big profit from selling hardware to these countries. There are three carriers in Thailand. One carrier confirmed that the reservation has been full, within 12 hrs. :eek:

In my view, Apple can make big fans in U.S., and make large profits in short time from other countries as well.

Last edited:

rnizlek

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Washington, DC
I think the reason of the shipping delay in U.S is because Apple can make more profit on other countries than the U.S.

I think that's probably true. I think another part of the equation is that Apple can keep the revenues outside of the US and not have to pay corporate tax on them unless they repatriate the funds to the US accounts. So there's tremendous tax savings for them, also.

I'm not sure how much this plays into their decision, but they do hold significant amounts of cash outside the US for this very reason.

Scrumper

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2010
Great Britain
Malaysia...?

No mention of Malaysia this time. :( In previous roll-outs Malaysia has been included in this all important second/third batch of countries. Well maybe there's still a chance; I'm clinging to the phrase, "there are likely to be other countries included in this group". :)

mdriftmeyer

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2004
Pacific Northwest
This thing won't see much success in India. with no subsidies, this thing retails @60,000 INR, it's very expensive! to put things into perspective, you can get a new car for 200,000 INR or a year's undergrad college tuition @60,000

Sure can, but you sure cannot get a BMW for 200,000 INR. You can get a sardine can for 200,000 INR.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
No offense to all these countries, but why doesn't Apple first catch up with the orders in the initial countries? Most places I checked have a 4-6 week waiting time!

lvcttl

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
좋은 말씀 감사드리며, 아이폰5의 조속한 출시를 위해서 skt에서도 노력중에 있으며, 최선을 다하겠습니다.

Suspended
Feb 5, 2011
Europe
Compared to the other iPhones launched in Romania, this one has the highest prices. The phones are more expensive that what the 3G, 3GS, 4 or 4s were at launch, and the contracts have around 2 euros/month more than before. I "love" how the anti-monopoly government organisation doesn't give a **** about consumer prices... :rolleyes: I'll have to see what really is going on after the 2nd of November launch.

jaggunothing

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Bangalore, India
Paid up at apple reseller "imagine store" here in Bangalore, have to collect it at the launch event on Nov 2nd. 849$ when i do the conversion for 16GB. Hefty tag still worth it! :p

orthorim

Suspended
Feb 27, 2008
No offense to all these countries, but why doesn't Apple first catch up with the orders in the initial countries? Most places I checked have a 4-6 week waiting time!

because the people in those other countries are getting pissed off...

- from another country.

;)

arif1490

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2012
just called an iStore in hyderabad and they are saying that phone will be introduced here on 2nd nov but will be available on 3rd.

they even took my contact no. and will be notifying when pre-orders begin

DevilInDisguise

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2008
The imagine store here in Mumbai told me the phone has launched already lol but it the phone will only be available on 3rd or 4th Nov.

I wanna see both the colors before i buy one. I was interested in white till the 4s. but now i somehow dont like the white and silver on the back.

kwanzaa

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2009
Malta
In malta. We could preorder from last Friday but only for those on contract. The rest have to wait with no idea when it will be available

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
This thing won't see much success in India. with no subsidies, this thing retails @60,000 INR, it's very expensive! to put things into perspective, you can get a new car for 200,000 INR or a year's undergrad college tuition @60,000

Its 54,000 for the 64 gig and 44,000 for the 16 gig... The iphone fever is now catching up in India though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.