Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
I was waiting for Morphie to release a battery case but ultimately I believe the issue is with the new connector. First issue is that you have to be licensed to make any accessories. Second with all the added circuitry it's going to add more complexity to the overall design which will cost more money and time.
We are already a month into the new iPhone and there are no battery cases on the market.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
The only way at the moment is to buy a power brick from mophie or another manufacturer.

Tho to be honest I've got an air and jp for my 4s I don't think I'd want the added bulk on a 5 given the extra length

BackTwoMac

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2012
The only way at the moment is to buy a power brick from mophie or another manufacturer.

Tho to be honest I've got an air and jp for my 4s I don't think I'd want the added bulk on a 5 given the extra length

How do you like the power brick? I might have to try it. 12 hour workdays in the hospita and I can't afford for my phone to die--which it has done, everyday since I got it.

Oh :apple:

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
Great accessory! I have a Mophie Power Station mini. One of the best accessories I've bought. Handy to have around for charging anything when I'm not close to an AC outlet or my laptop.

Jayohwhy

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
i also have a 3rd party power brick i got from amazon. i carry that around along with a cable (that i use frequently when i'm at work) and another ac adaptor- because i'm paranoid. the brick i have is 5200 mAh, which is enough to make me feel secure.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
How do you like the power brick? I might have to try it. 12 hour workdays in the hospita and I can't afford for my phone to die--which it has done, everyday since I got it.

Oh :apple:

There great! Can't fault them

jmxp69

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2008
I picked up a New Trent IMP120D 12,000mah on Amazon. 2.1a for iPad, 1a for iPhone. Takes 12 hours to charge the thing from empty but it'll recharge the iPhone something like 6 times over and it'll bring an iPad 3/4 to ~80% from empty. The fact it's universal was appealing to me over a point solution like a battery case. Plus the 12,000mah capacity is beast.

ohmygoodness

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
best one I've seen

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ATSRAHO

91y0KW1qagL._SL1500_.jpg

nj1266

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
Long Beach, CA
http://www.lenmar.com/Uploads/File/landing-pages/index.html

Can't vouch for the company or quality, just found it.

I can. I just got this case. I did not want to get the Mophie. The fit is excellent and on/of button is perfectly flush with the case. The light changes when you press the button to tell you how much juice you have left. It is a 2300 mah battery for only $70 from Amazon. A much better value than Mophie.

From a fully charged phone and case I have so far got 14 hours of usage and 1 day and a half of stand by. I still have 50% juice left on the phone. I am very impressed so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.