Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patch^

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Great Britain
Hi, I have a 12" Powerbook G4 and I have a CD-R stuck in my slot loading combo drive; because of this it is preventing me from booting Mac OS, the screen is black and there is a faint beeping sound.

I have phoned apple and many other services they have given me numerous shortcuts on the keyboard and nothing is working. This has happened before but it has always come out eventually, but it has been 2 days! And nothing is working :/ This has happened on and off since I installed tiger. I just want to get the CD out I don't care if the combo drive is broken cuz I recently bought an external optical drive.

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME!!!!!!! :confused:

plus my warranty ran out about 2 or 3 days ago :mad:

(If I get my Mac working I plan to do a clean install of Tiger. I have all my documents backed up as well.)

If all else fails I guess I’ll have to pay apple for the technical support or take it to a reseller place.

Thanks in advance.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
eva01 said:
do you have applecare?
Patch^ said:
plus my warranty ran out about 2 or 3 days ago :mad:

Patch^ said:
Hi, I have a 12" Powerbook G4 and I have a CD-R stuck in my slot loading combo drive; because of this it is preventing me from booting Mac OS, the screen is black and there is a faint beeping sound.
I'm confused. I've booted my Mac with CDs in it before. Could it be a bigger problem? Or is there just no OS currently on the Mac?

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
shows me how to read :/

call up apple and see if they would give you the leeway tell them it has been in the computer for 2 days when your warrantey was still in affect

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.