Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ray1302

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
mzl.dyatdmsx.175x175-75.jpg

Media Player PRO for iOS - Play almost anything! Avi, Mpg, Mkv, Wmv, Rmvb, Flash, etc!

Download iPhone version: https://itunes.apple.com/app/media-player-pro-play-almost/id545166457?ls=1&mt=8
Download iPad version: https://itunes.apple.com/app/media-player-hd/id578585836?ls=1&mt=8
YouTube Demo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7HQwXgf9ds

"Like" or "Follow" us to get latest news!! Thanks!!

Like Us: http://www.facebook.com/mobilevideo.tv
Follow Us: https://twitter.com/MobileVideoTV

attachment.php

attachment.php

No media file conversion is required before playing it! Media Player PRO can play AVI, XVID, MPG, MKV, WMV, RMVB, DIVX, RM, AAC, WMA, DAT, VOB, FLV, etc... files on your iPhone or iPod Touch directly. Just transfer your movie or music files via USB/iTunes, over Wi-Fi or download from the web directly, then you can start watching them, enjoy your movies on a plane or subway ride!

Media Player PRO in APP STORE TOP PAID LIST:
★ US/Canada/Germany/France/Australia/Russia/ South Africa Entertainment TOP 200
★ UK/Netherlands/Japan/India/China/ Thailand Entertainment TOP 100
★ Ireland/Belgium/Finland/Denmark/ Portugal/Poland/New Zealand/Hungary/South Korea Entertainment Grossing TOP 200
★ Taiwan/Hong Kong/Singapore Entertainment TOP 10

Video Player + Music Player + Downloader for One Price, No Hidden Fees!!

attachment.php

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
Features At A Glance:
◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

✔ High Compatibility:
Media Player PRO plays almost any Audio and Video format!

✔ Easy File Transfer:
Transfers video or music via iTunes file sharing, WiFi or direct download from the web to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.

✔ HD Movie Playback:
720p HD (High Definition) video playback supported for some popular video formats (e.g. MKV, RMVB, AVI, and etc.), newer models of iPhone, iPad or iPod touch get better HD playback result.

✔ Dual-Core CPU Decoding:
For iPad 2/3/4, iPad mini, iPhone 4S/5, and iPod touch 5, dual core A5/A5X/A6/A6X chip decoding is supported.

✔ Subtitle:
Supports both integrated and external subtitles: in srt, ass, ssa, smi, sub, and vobsub formats. You can also adjust the font size, color, background color, and language encoding of the subtitle.

✔ Playlist:
With the Playlist function you can enjoy your favorite movies or musics in a row without interruption. You can group your films and audios with playlists.

✔ Background Audio:
Playing a music video but just want to listen to the music? Media Player PRO can keep audio playing in the background even you quitted this app or locked your device.

✔ File Management:
Rename or delete your files directly within the App.

✔ Video Thumbnails:
Video thumbnail automatically updates to the last position you paused the movie playback.

✔ Downloader:
Download multiple audio and video files from the web simultaneously. You could use any Wi-Fi hotspots in coffee shops or hotels to download new episodes or movies. No computer or iTunes required! Bookmark manager included.

✔ Simple, but Powerful Playback Controls:
Play/Pause, Forward/Backward seek, Next/Previous media, Media info, Music playing mode, Video scaling, Subtitle selection, Audio Track selection, Resuming playback from last position.

✔ Other Advanced Features:
DTS 5.1 audio support (downmix to stereo), Retina display support, Multi-Channel audio switching, Multi-Language subtitles switching, Multi-Language user interfaces (English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean).

Supported Video Formats:
divx, avi, xvid, flv, mov (quicktime), mkv (matroska), wmv, rmvb (realmedia), ram, rm, mpg, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mp4, m4v, mpv, vob, ts, ogv, ogm, dv, asf, asx, 3gp, 3g2, 3gp2, 3gpp, 3gpp2, amv, d2v, dat, m2p, m2ts, m2v, drc, dsm, dsv, ivf, m1v, m4b, m4p, mp2v, mpe, mpegts, mpv2, qt, roq, rpm, rv, wm, wmp, webm, H.264, VC1/WMV3, VP6/7/8, RealVideo1/2/3/4, H.263, Sorenson, Theora, MJPEG, Indeo

Supported Audio Formats:
m4a, mp3, ra, wma, ogg, wav, AAC, AC3, AMR, ape, DTS, FLAC, WMA, pcm, aif, aifc, aiff, cda, dsa, dss, flc, fli, flic, m1a, m2a, midi, mka, mp2, mpa, mpc, pss, pva, swf, tpr, wv, RealAudio, Intel Music Coder, Monkey's Audio, Musepack, Shorten, Speex, Vorbis, WavPack

Download on the App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/media-player-pro-play-almost/id545166457?ls=1&mt=8

YouTube Demo Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7HQwXgf9ds

Promo Code:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1448740/

Media Player PRO for iOS: http://mobilevideo.tv

Please reply if you want more promo codes, I will try to add more, you may also "Like" us on Facebook or "Follow" us on Twitter, I would regularly post promo codes over there. Thanks!

Attachments

• player1b.png
    player1b.png
    289.4 KB · Views: 241
  • player2.png
    player2.png
    452 KB · Views: 253
  • media.png
    media.png
    313.7 KB · Views: 190
  • playlist.png
    playlist.png
    192.4 KB · Views: 172
  • download.png
    download.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

ray1302

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
If anybody want promo codes, please "Like" us on Facebook or "Follow" us on Twitter, we would regularly post promo codes over there.

:D:D:D:apple:

ray1302

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Just posted some codes on Facebook, more would be posted on Twitter, follow us!!

Thanks. :D:D:D:apple:

ray1302

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
iPad version will come this fall, promo codes would be posted for free again, so remember to "Like" or "Follow" us to get latest news!! :)

One more thing: I am planning to change the "App Name", if you have any good ideas, please post to my Facebook or Twitter, if your proposed App Name is chosen, prize would be 10 promo codes for both iphone and ipad versions, so you can send to your friends or brothers. Thanks!!

:D:D:apple:

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Sorry what do you mean?

Blu-ray discs / MKV's and DVD ISO's.

As far as the former is concerned, no, there's no decent MKV support, as was also explained in the following quick review I've written on the app:

Movie Player HD+ (AppStore link)

This $1 app is (still) iPhone / iPod touch-only. The developer has no iPad version at all. Therefore (and because of its, on average, pretty mediocre and, with H.264, plain bad video decoders), I don't really recommend it for iPad owners.

(main list view)

Pros:

- The developer is continuously giving away free promo codes at MacRumors (see THIS)

- Definitely better SSA subtitle support than with most iOS players and orders of magnitude better than that of iMedia Player (see above): while they aren't animated / colored / positioned, both the original Japanese and its transcript is displayed, along with the English translation. An example screenshot showing this, along with the other playback controls of the app:

Cons:

- No iPad version

- Poor WMV support: even the lowest-resolution videos stutter (albeit WMA Pro is supported, unlike with iMedia Player)

- Poor H.264 decoder

- No dynamic MKV remuxing for HW playback

- Major lipsynch issues with even lower-resolution (e.g., the 720p Harry Potter test video) movies, let alone larger-resolution ones. Frame dropping to keep audio and video in synch can't be enabled.

Verdict

Well, this is a pretty mediocre player. If you can get a promo code and can get it for free, you may want to give it a try. However, I don't think it's worth the $1 in its current state. Hope the developer improves it over time.

ray1302

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Hi, nice to meet you here, thanks for the review.

To answer the questions, BD is not supported while ISO is supported without DVD menu, so if you copy your DVD to ISO format, please make sure to copy only the main movie and discard the other contents.

@Menneisyys2:
Regarding the review, I would like to give some feedbacks here:
iPad version is almost finished, but Apple take over 2 weeks to review new app, so it won't be on app store very soon.
For WMV, could you mind to share your wmv files? Since my wmv files playback quite smooth.
For 720p+ videos, originally I thought users won't like to playback them on iphone, since the large filesize as well as the high transmission time. So this function is not in high priority, maybe I am wrong. For 720p, currently AVI and RMVB would be supported better.

By the way, what do you think about the app logo? Some users don't like it, I would like to listen your opinion if you may help, thanks for your review again!!

:D:D:apple:

hazykit28

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2008
Some things to fix please:
Does not auto pause when someone calls you.
I was watching pron:D when my gf called but the video wouldn't pause on it's own. So obviously I heard moaning while talking with my gf and I kept thinking she was cheating on me. I found out that it was the damn phone still playing the video lol.
It does not stop playing when I press the home button.

ray1302

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Some things to fix please:
Does not auto pause when someone calls you.
I was watching pron:D when my gf called but the video wouldn't pause on it's own. So obviously I heard moaning while talking with my gf and I kept thinking she was cheating on me. I found out that it was the damn phone still playing the video lol.
It does not stop playing when I press the home button.

Noted, sorry about this.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
iPad version is almost finished, but Apple take over 2 weeks to review new app, so it won't be on app store very soon.

Great!

For WMV, could you mind to share your wmv files? Since my wmv files playback quite smooth.
An excerpt from my WMV bible (these are the standard files I test all players against):

3. Test videos

I myself created the WMV3 test videos with the current Expression Encoder 4. For most of them (except for the multitrack one, for which I used CBR-1 pass as is shown HERE), I've used the best possible video quality by using the “VBR Quality” mode with the default quality 95. (Some of the settings I used are as follows: full-sized Main and Advanced profile; quarter-sized Advanced settings).

The test videos are as follows (from really low-resolution ones, though quarter HD resolution ones to Full HD ones);

WMV1: test file
WMV2: VGA-resolution test file + another lower-res one (see below for the source))
WMV3 / VC-1: 320x132 playback: VC-1 Simple, WMA
VC-1 Advanced, WMA Pro
Quarter HD (960*400) playback: VC-1 Main, WMA
VC-1 Advanced, WMA Pro
Full HD playback: VC-1 Main, WMA
VC-1 Advanced, WMA Pro

In addition, I've created a file with multiple video tracks (with a Full HD track and two much lower-resolution ones) to find out how the players play these files. It's available HERE. I haven't elaborated on the player compatibility in the article above; consult the main chart for dedicated info on this - as with the WMV files with leading advertisements (see below).

For the direct HD DVD test, I used a MKV file with 18 Mbps VC-1 Advanced Level 3 video + AC3 audio available HERE, linked from the standard video benchmark page.

After looking hard on sample video forums and discussions (I couldn't create these videos myself as Expression doesn't support encoding to legacy WMV versions), I've managed to find old WMV1 and WMV2 footage HERE (in the Mplayer repository) and HERE, respectively. On the latter page, you can practically click any link in the middle of the page to gain access to WMV2 videos of 360*288 resolution. (I don't provide a link to any of these videos as they're constantly removed to make place for new ones.) I've found another WMV2 video (practically, a slideshow) with VGA (640*480) resolution on the page (link), which I also used in the benchmarks.

I've also used two WMV video files with an added advertisement header to find out which players get crashed by these kinds of videos. After all, several sites use this file format; for example, Higher Plane Productions' FlightPass. The videos are HERE (low-res) and HERE (quarter HD-res).

ray1302

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Great!

An excerpt from my WMV bible (these are the standard files I test all players against):

3. Test videos

I myself created the WMV3 test videos with the current Expression Encoder 4. For most of them (except for the multitrack one, for which I used CBR-1 pass as is shown HERE), I've used the best possible video quality by using the “VBR Quality” mode with the default quality 95. (Some of the settings I used are as follows: full-sized Main and Advanced profile; quarter-sized Advanced settings).

The test videos are as follows (from really low-resolution ones, though quarter HD resolution ones to Full HD ones);

WMV1: test file
WMV2: VGA-resolution test file + another lower-res one (see below for the source))
WMV3 / VC-1: 320x132 playback: VC-1 Simple, WMA
VC-1 Advanced, WMA Pro
Quarter HD (960*400) playback: VC-1 Main, WMA
VC-1 Advanced, WMA Pro
Full HD playback: VC-1 Main, WMA
VC-1 Advanced, WMA Pro

In addition, I've created a file with multiple video tracks (with a Full HD track and two much lower-resolution ones) to find out how the players play these files. It's available HERE. I haven't elaborated on the player compatibility in the article above; consult the main chart for dedicated info on this - as with the WMV files with leading advertisements (see below).

For the direct HD DVD test, I used a MKV file with 18 Mbps VC-1 Advanced Level 3 video + AC3 audio available HERE, linked from the standard video benchmark page.

After looking hard on sample video forums and discussions (I couldn't create these videos myself as Expression doesn't support encoding to legacy WMV versions), I've managed to find old WMV1 and WMV2 footage HERE (in the Mplayer repository) and HERE, respectively. On the latter page, you can practically click any link in the middle of the page to gain access to WMV2 videos of 360*288 resolution. (I don't provide a link to any of these videos as they're constantly removed to make place for new ones.) I've found another WMV2 video (practically, a slideshow) with VGA (640*480) resolution on the page (link), which I also used in the benchmarks.

I've also used two WMV video files with an added advertisement header to find out which players get crashed by these kinds of videos. After all, several sites use this file format; for example, Higher Plane Productions' FlightPass. The videos are HERE (low-res) and HERE (quarter HD-res).

Thanks for your detailed information, I would check it out.

clumsythief83

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Just bought that app (full price, since I dunno how the codes work). Overall, OK app, but not thee greatest media app IMO. I have a iPhone 4s and most of the videos don't play at 24fps (maybe 15-20 fps) and some of them plays without sound. I've used AVPlayer in the past and most of my videos played flawlessly. Unfortunately, I switched phone and didn't backup all of my apps and AVPlayer has been pulled from the App Store.

ray1302

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Just bought that app (full price, since I dunno how the codes work). Overall, OK app, but not thee greatest media app IMO. I have a iPhone 4s and most of the videos don't play at 24fps (maybe 15-20 fps) and some of them plays without sound. I've used AVPlayer in the past and most of my videos played flawlessly. Unfortunately, I switched phone and didn't backup all of my apps and AVPlayer has been pulled from the App Store.

Could you please send me the audio and video codec infos for your file?
http://mobilevideo.tv/contact/

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.