Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bruceclay85

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
I've noticed on more than one occasion of the iPod shuffle models having some sub par build quality problems. I receive one I had ordered in the mail recently and I noticed a lot of extra glue where the clip connects to the actual iPod.

Just an odd notion for Apple considering their mantra has always been about quality and previous products have always been so great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 192

Hexiii

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Republic
I've noticed on more than one occasion of the iPod shuffle models having some sub par build quality problems. I receive one I had ordered in the mail recently and I noticed a lot of extra glue where the clip connects to the actual iPod.

Just an odd notion for Apple considering their mantra has always been about quality and previous products have always been so great.

I noticed that too. My new slate Shuffle feels a lot cheaper than my 3rd gen shuffle.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Though I have always questioned Apples build quality on everything it makes, (read the forums) some things seem to be of better build quality than others.

Just look at all the MacBook case cracks, uneven lighting on MacBook Pros and iMacs and light leaks on iPhones and iPads and the new iPhone 5. Luckily the warranty can help take care of most of these problems but lots of problems pop up after the warranty is gone though I never pay for extended warranties.

honam1021

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2012
Apple always tries to release a new product as soon as possible, thats why they often have manufacturing problems

phrk

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2012
Germany
If the quality of any product you bought is not meeting the standards you are expecting, consider exchanging it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.