Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janey

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
heys all :)
i got a moto razr v3 a couple weeks ago, and been using the lovely Bluetooth features. since then it worked flawless with my iBook...but today, i'm having an issue where the phone and my iBook hate each other, keep giving me problems where the connection times out, or getting/sending files gives a 'bad request' error. none of the folders will open, can't transfer any files, can't create new folders...you get the idea. My iBook works fine with other Bluetooth stuff too.

bluetoothfiletransfer.jpg

any help would be much appreciated (maybe some way to fix that problem...or an app that'll let me do something like that) :)

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
übergeek said:
ah, nevermind. shoulda tried sending the file from the phone and not getting it from the computer :p

My friend Im having the same problem... what did you do to fix it? I'm trying to get pictures from my RAZR

janey

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Bubbasteve said:
My friend Im having the same problem... what did you do to fix it? I'm trying to get pictures from my RAZR

highlight the picture, press the top center button thing to get to the Pictures menu, then select the 'move' option - about halfway through - and select the bluetooth device to send it to. havent yet found a way to send more than one at a time...:(

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
übergeek said:
highlight the picture, press the top center button thing to get to the Pictures menu, then select the 'move' option - about halfway through - and select the bluetooth device to send it to. havent yet found a way to send more than one at a time...:(

Here is my situation. So far my sync between my PB and my RAZR via Bluetooth has worked once. The farthest I get is the screen shot that you supplied in your post. Everytime I double click on the "picture" folder the text on thebottom of the window says "The last operation failed: bad request" either that or it timed out. I'm trying to do it right now and it won't even get to the home page with the audio, pictures, and video folders... I wopuld take it that my RAZR is broken but I hope its just something simple. Please please help

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Bubbasteve said:
Here is my situation. So far my sync between my PB and my RAZR via Bluetooth has worked once. The farthest I get is the screen shot that you supplied in your post. Everytime I double click on the "picture" folder the text on thebottom of the window says "The last operation failed: bad request" either that or it timed out. I'm trying to do it right now and it won't even get to the home page with the audio, pictures, and video folders... I wopuld take it that my RAZR is broken but I hope its just something simple. Please please help
I've had this a few times with my Motorola. However I got round this by going to the Bluetooth set-up assistant, or whatever it's called, and re-adding my phone, and then it worked fine.
Bubbasteve said:
You can not, unfortunately, send more than one file from your motorola to your mac. However, I would try what I suggested above, and see whether this allows you to browse the pictures file. If this works, when you are inside the pictures file, you can select all, and then send them to your computer.

Hope this helps,

::20ROGERSC::

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
the moto razr v3 and my macs bluetooth is incredibly intermittant..

sometimes it'll work, and sometimes it wont. tis incredibly annoying. hopefully a fix will get released soon..

and, motorola, wtf is up with the 'move' menu? that must be the worst UI wording i've ever seen..i didn't even know you could send pics via bluetooth on this phone..now i do..grr..

darkwing

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
The V3 is a crappy phone. Often times the BT doesn't work at all either with computer or headset and I have to either cycle the BT power in the phone or even reboot the phone. Don't tell me it's "my phone" because this is my second RAZR. The first I returned for this very problem.

I can send multiple files from/to the phone, though. Just drag them on or off the BT file transfer window.

Steven

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
The farthest I get is to the Audio, pictures, video screen and when I try and open the pictures folder it won't open... all it will do is display the usual bad attempt or timed out or whatever... I know it works because I've uploaded a pic from my phone to my computer once before.

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
darkwing said:
The V3 is a crappy phone. Often times the BT doesn't work at all either with computer or headset and I have to either cycle the BT power in the phone or even reboot the phone.
But... but... but... it's so thin! It's a perfect compliment to my 2 1/2" penis! Don't tell me the RAZR is not the coolest thing ever and absolutely perfect in every way!!!!!! :mad:

I don't care what anybody says... it's so thin for crying out loud! Yet it fills the emptiness inside.

janey

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
I halfheartedly wish that someone had told me all of this before I got my razr. i was about to get a sony ericsson s710a and was considering in the back of my head the treo, but the razr was just so pretty :p

anyway, i have those issues, re-pairing the phone/deleting prefs/starting over didn't work for me yet. so far im only having that problem with the 'pictures' folder in particular.

I don't know. What a love-hate relationship.

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
übergeek said:
What a love-hate relationship.

That's what I'm talking about....besides the bluetooth problem this has been a very good phone. Hopefully it's just my phone, but after reading previous comments I'm thinking it's just the RAZR

Kerry Sanders

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Hayden, AL
I was having problems getting my V3 to sync with my Power Mac via Bluetooth until I got the 10.4.3 upgrade and the latest iSync upgrade. Originally, the phone was only seen as a headset. After the upgrades, the V3 was seen as a Motorola Phone and everything works properly now.

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Have you guys tried transferring the pictures by way of mini-USB? Obviously doing it wirelessly over bluetooth would be ideal but I wonder whether the data transfer is possible via USB.

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
I finally figured out how to send your Pics from your phone to the computer:

-Make sure your phone is disconnected from the computer (Bluetooth connection rather)
- You do this by going to bluetooth preferences and click devices, highlight your phone and then choose disconnect from the list on the right

- Go to your pictures and center click (that button in the middle of the first row and scroll down to "Copy"

- you should be able to take it from their... just remember that it is saved in "Documents" not the Desktop

Hope that helps for you guys and gals!!!

janey

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Kerry Sanders said:
I have not seen anything for the Mac that allows this. I believe Windows users can do it using the Motorola Tools software.

the miniusb port on the razr can't be used to transfer stuff to the computer. you'd need to pay for moto's software (like what, $30 for the windows version?) to do it. but it's very convenient that it charges via usb.

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
you can't use like.. bitpim for that or something?

i mean, not bitpim.. that's CDMA phones only, but i can't believe someone hasn't hacked up an app for the razr yet...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.