Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
No I dont hate the Tide.....And people who find Tebow hateable have something wrong themselves. TO is hateable. Ochocinco is hateable. Mike Vick is hateable. Someone like Tim who does so much for the world, IMO is nowhere close to hateable.

Well good for you for not hating a rival team. I for one hate the gators, always have always will.

Not even going to touch the Tebow comments as I want to keep this thread out of the PRSI section.

However I don't like him first and for most because he played for the gators. ;):D

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I don't hate the Gators, but I didn't grow up in SEC country either.

The only team that generates genuine negative emotion from me is OU. Having to wear the stupid Sooner lanyard around my neck at work is really driving the point home. I mean, it disgusts me that I have to wear it. I didn't think it'd affect me as much as it does.

Good weekend for college ball!

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Some good games this weekend matching ranked teams (my picks in bold):

• #3 Florida vs #12 Georgia (sorry, Dawg)
  • #15 Texas Tech at #4 Kansas State
  • #5 Notre Dame at #8 Oklahoma
  • #13 Miss State at #1 Alabama

Other games of interest to the board:

• UTexas at Kansas
  • TCU at Oklahoma St
  • #9 Ohio State at Penn St
  • #20 Michigan at Nebraska
  • #22 Texas A&M at Auburn

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
Some good games this weekend matching ranked teams (my picks in bold):

• #3 Florida vs #12 Georgia (sorry, Dawg)
  • #15 Texas Tech at #4 Kansas State
  • #5 Notre Dame at #8 Oklahoma
  • #13 Miss State at #1 Alabama

Other games of interest to the board:

• UTexas at Kansas
  • TCU at Oklahoma St
  • #9 Ohio State at Penn St
  • #20 Michigan at Nebraska
  • #22 Texas A&M at Auburn

I agree except I have ND winning against Oklahoma, Ohio state over Penn State, and Michigan State over Nebraska.

John McWilliams

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2011
Apt.
Your OU lanyard

I don't hate the Gators, but I didn't grow up in SEC country either.

The only team that generates genuine negative emotion from me is OU. Having to wear the stupid Sooner lanyard around my neck at work is really driving the point home. I mean, it disgusts me that I have to wear it. I didn't think it'd affect me as much as it does.

Good weekend for college ball!

Well it must be disgusting to wear that lanyard let me guess and say your an USC fan, the atomshere there alone could definently cloud your judgemet Boomer Sooner beat ND like a bass drum!

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
As much as I hate South Carolina, I have always respected Lattimore. I feel horrible for him.

I agree. Just devistating for such a talented young guy to have potentially career ending injuries two years in a row.

Also, Boomer Sooner. I had to sell my ticket for the game, but I'll be watching. I hope we can out play ND- our offense just needs to be on the ball.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Strong performance by the defense, thank you Shawn Williams
Jarvis Jones is a beast when healthy

Dawgs control their own destiny again in the East
Ole Miss and Auburn remaining

Great to bring the Gators down
Even better when they are undefeated
Sweeter still when they have BCS hopes

I <3 winning when every pundit on TV, FB and Twitter are singing the praises of the Gators and writing the Dawgs off

First back to back wins over the Gators since '88-'89
Pardon me while I savor the moment

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Congrats MacDawg - that was a great win!

550127_485924324772492_557274432_n.jpg

Last edited:

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Strong performance by the defense, thank you Shawn Williams
Jarvis Jones is a beast when healthy

Dawgs control their own destiny again in the East
Ole Miss and Auburn remaining

Great to bring the Gators down
Even better when they are undefeated
Sweeter still when they have BCS hopes

I <3 winning when every pundit on TV, FB and Twitter are singing the praises of the Gators and writing the Dawgs off

First back to back wins over the Gators since '88-'89
Pardon me while I savor the moment

Big win for the Dawgs. It wasn't pretty but it didn't have to be. UGA made all the plays when it counted. Kudos.

Ole Mss should be a battle (amazing what Hugh Freeze has done there); Auburn will be a cakewalk as they've completely quit on Chizik.

Not a good showing for Miss St against Alabama (not that anyone has had one so far). Feeling good about A&M's chances in Starkvegas next weekend. Will be a big one for both teams.

Oh, and Johnny Football just handed Auburn its worst loss in 95 years. 63-21.

Last edited:

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Thanks, Georgia, for killing any Florida hype.

I'm loving KState and ND right now, probably going to be 2-3 in the BCS standings tonight.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Oregon won their game big, but lost bigger with USC and Oregon State losing

Notre Dame isn't going away

KState's Bill Snyder is everything JoePa appeared to be but wasn't

If the Dawgs stay focused, they will run the table and head to the SECCG
Ole Miss is a trap game
Auburn is a rivalry game

I like the Dawgs' chances against LSU better than 'Bama
But I don't think LSU can bring 'Bama down
But then again, nobody gave the Dawgs a chance against the Gators

Won't be surprised if the Gators stay ranked ahead of the Dawgs :rolleyes:

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
Big win for the Dawgs. It wasn't pretty but it didn't have to be. UGA made all the plays when it counted. Kudos.

Ole Mss should be a battle (amazing what Hugh Freeze has done there); Auburn will be a cakewalk as they've completely quit on Chizik.

Not a good showing for Miss St against Alabama (not that anyone has had one so far). Feeling good about A&M's chances in Starkvegas next weekend. Will be a big one for both teams.

Oh, and Johnny Football just handed Auburn its worst loss in 95 years. 63-21.

That was...ugly. The Bama defense was bad enough, but we kept killing ourselves with stupid special teams mistakes, dropped passes, and screwups, so we added to it. Hopefully, it will shut up our fans who were saying 10 wins. Hopefully, we can contain Manziel and force him to make mistakes, like LSU did. We still have to play @LSU, an Arkansas team that's not dead yet, and a vastly improved Ole Miss team. It annoys me that so many of our fans are still writing them off like they are a 2 win team again.

Honestly, I'm surprised Chizik wasn't fired last night. If there were any thoughts of retaining him, I think yesterday destroyed them.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
USA Today Coaches poll

#1 Bama
#2 Oregon
#3 K-State
#4 Notre Dame
#5 LSU
#6 Dawgs

(My prediction)

AP Top 10:
#1 Bama
#2 Notre Dame
#3 K-State
#4 Oregon
#5 LSU
#6 Florida State
#7 Georgia
#8 Florida
#9 Ohio State
#10 Clemson

It's all up in the air though, depending on how 2-4 are ranked and where Georgia fits in.

----------

Oregon won their game big, but lost bigger with USC and Oregon State losing

Notre Dame isn't going away

KState's Bill Snyder is everything JoePa appeared to be but wasn't

If the Dawgs stay focused, they will run the table and head to the SECCG
Ole Miss is a trap game
Auburn is a rivalry game

I like the Dawgs' chances against LSU better than 'Bama
But I don't think LSU can bring 'Bama down
But then again, nobody gave the Dawgs a chance against the Gators

Won't be surprised if the Gators stay ranked ahead of the Dawgs :rolleyes:

Florida won't be ranked higher than Georgia for sure.
The ND wins I don't think think are a detriment. Those teams out West are still pretty good, USC just isn't as good as we thought. But ND has been playing a tough schedule. It's going to be VERY interesting if we wind up with 5 undefeated teams (Bama (least likely), ND, Oregon, Ohio State, K-State). While Ohio State isn't bowl eligible, it still has a really good chance of going undefeated.

So then what?

Playoff is what.

----------

AP Top ten just released:

1 Alabama
2 Oregon
3 Kansas State
4 Notre Dame
5 LSU
6 Ohio State
7 Georgia
8 Florida
9 Florida State
10 Clemson

Really surprised that Ohio State is ranked ahead of Georgia and Florida. They're decent, but I don't think they could beat either of those two without playing a perfect game.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Really surprised that Ohio State is ranked ahead of Georgia and Florida. They're decent, but I don't think they could beat either of those two without playing a perfect game.

I'm not. Although OSU is shaky, they're still undefeated, while Georgia got their $#@! wrecked and Florida just lost to that same team, so they have no argument to stand on for being ahead of OSU.

It really speaks to the mediocrity of anyone past #6 that anyone #7-10 is still ranked in the T10.

gsugolfer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2010
Georgia, USA
I'm not. Although OSU is shaky, they're still undefeated, while Georgia got their $#@! wrecked and Florida just lost to that same team, so they have no argument to stand on for being ahead of OSU.

It really speaks to the mediocrity of anyone past #6 that anyone #7-10 is still ranked in the T10.

Transitive property does not apply in college football.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States

Idk. I guess they Buckeyes just keep playing close to teams like Indiana, and the Big Ten is just weak this year. I guess we'll see.

Also, looking like 6 undefeated teams unless Louisville drops one to Rutgers or something.

gsugolfer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2010
Georgia, USA
Idk. I guess they Buckeyes just keep playing close to teams like Indiana, and the Big Ten is just weak this year. I guess we'll see.

Also, looking like 6 undefeated teams unless Louisville drops one to Rutgers or something.

Meanwhile, UGA will only play two ranked teams this season.

One of them curbstomped UGA, and they squeaked out a win over the other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.