Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kujen

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2012
Yes, I loved RCT! There is some EA game called Theme Park but I can tell its a freemium...reluctant to try it.

Timoke6

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2012
Mordor.
Yes, I loved RCT! There is some EA game called Theme Park but I can tell its a freemium...reluctant to try it.

Yeah, i've tried Theme Park, but it isn't that fun, and isn't similar to RCT; you can't build your own rides(rollercoasters), The places where the rides have to be build are already specified and you can't control the terrain.

I would love to see RCT on the iPad, and would definitely pay for it!

Kyllle

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2011
I forgot about RCT! It would be great on the iPad, I'd definitely pay $10 for it.
I looked at Chris Sawyers website and it says to contact hasbro for RCT, but the link is broken.

kingck

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2012
Its possible!!!

so the maker of this game "chris sayer" made a port for one of his older games openTTD so what im thinking is i plan on teaming up with a group of developers and using that same port to link RCT with IOS plus with java ports on IOS its alot easier

what we would need:
- funding (unknown)
- the rights to RCT(atari own its)
- a IOS licence

any one interested contact me

Jakeyboi9

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2012
Guess
Drippycat and frontier

I emailed drippycat and frontier (company's that have helped Christ sawyer with rct) asking to make an RCT iPod, iPad, and iPhone app:) fingers crossed

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
RollerCoaster Tycoon was definitely a great game, but it doesn't beat Transport Tycoon Deluxe in awesomeness :D. Many hours of my youth wasted on that one. Actually, how cool would it be if OpenTTD was ported to the iPad? Unfortunately I think even Mac OS X development has been halted. And I think it still requires the GFX and sound files from the original, which would be a problem for an app store version.

By the way - is Locomotion an updated version of Transport Tycoon, or something?

Was only looking through the thread to see if anyone mentioned this gem of a game!

I still play it sometimes heh.

It would be awesome with online gaming capabilities, so you could go head-to-head against your friends with the ability to resume games when everyone is present.

Glope

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2011
Oh my gosh, if theme park world or theme hospital came to iOS, I would do something.. crazy?
I'd just be really excited.

YanniDepp

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
It's extremely unlikely we'll ever see the first two RCT games released for iPad.

Most of the code for RCT and RCT2 was written in assembly for the x86 architecture. That's why there weren't any Mac versions released. You can get the classic games to run on Intel macs with Wine, but that's about it.

AlyseM

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
I used to love these games as a kid. I hope they would do this. Its only common sense in a newly forming tablet world. My major concern though is that they only make it for Windows Tablets like the new surface.... :eek:

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
What is wrong with RCT3?

I was never that keen on rct2 but 3 got me hooked and I still play it occasionally even now.

Probably the fact that you could run rct2 on a pentium I/II but needed a way more powerful machine for rct3. I didn't mind rct3 but there was definitely a big difference in style and gameplay. I play both occasionally. The good thing is rct2 really didn't leave anything out from rct1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.