Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaneCollegeboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2003
Just glancing this week Target flyer and it says you get a 40 dollar gift card for any iPad. So that would technically for example be 329 - 40 (gift card) = 289 for a new iPad mini (16 gb) right? Or are there any better deals out there?

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
From my experience with Target, don't get your hopes seeing the Mini anytime soon. ;)

saud0488

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
Yeah right, they're usually the best place to go.

All of my local ones had ample supply of the iPad 3's the morning they came out.

CapnJackGig

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2011
From my experience with Target, don't get your hopes seeing the Mini anytime soon. ;)

If I want a iPod Touch 5th gen from Apple, I need to wait 5-7 days shipping. Target has them in store. Target also offers a 30 day return policy. I'd always try Target first if possible.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
If I want a iPod Touch 5th gen from Apple, I need to wait 5-7 days shipping. Target has them in store. Target also offers a 30 day return policy. I'd always try Target first if possible.

At several Target's in my area, when the iPad 3 came out it took 3-4 weeks before they had them in stock. They'd get 1 or 2 and they were sold immediately.

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
I see the ad, but what does this mean? I should go by the Target store on the 2nd Nov. next week and see if I can score one? I wish they would put more details.

CaneCollegeboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2003
Heres the ad

or just go to target.com

The key to all of this is if the target near you has the mini/ipad 4 or you can try to get bestbuy to price mach it

Attachments

• Ipad.jpg
    Ipad.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 865

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Just glancing this week Target flyer and it says you get a 40 dollar gift card for any iPad. So that would technically for example be 329 - 40 (gift card) = 289 for a new iPad mini (16 gb) right? Or are there any better deals out there?

You can't use the gift card for that purchase though...its for future purposes.

----------

Also thats the iPad 3rd gen

reRESERVEDMD

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2012
You can't use the gift card for that purchase though...its for future purposes.

----------

Also thats the iPad 3rd gen

What he was trying to say is that we all need groceries to live, so that $40 is like cash, or (price of iPad - $40) type of thing.

x0lliex

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
Apple gave me a free iPad Mini smart cover as a way of pricematching the Target deal. Good customer service.

Applefan101

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2012
Apple gave me a free iPad Mini smart cover as a way of pricematching the Target deal. Good customer service.

Thanks for letting me know. I just called and they gave me a $45 off coupon! Good until the end of December for a purchase of $300 or more.

mmberry1

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2012
Just called Apple and let them know about the deal at Target and they gave me a free smart cover to match the deal. All they did was verify the ad on targets site and they added it to my order.

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
Damn, I struck out three times.... two said no we don't price match promotions like a gift card and the one other said this is for the 3rd generation iPad and Apple is offering it for way cheaper than $499 so that's Apple's deal is better anyways.

blajoie

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I'm on hold right now hoping to do the same thing.
If they don't price match or throw in the cover, I'll just try to buy at target and return to apple.
-
done deal. Talked to a young lady names Kayla, offered to add the smart cover to resolve my issue.
Said yes, and it will be here on Nov. 2nd!

Good deal, thanks OP.

Last edited:

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
I just called and was told they will not do anything since it is a new product. She pretty much told me to go ahead and buy it from target if i want and send the other back to apple. The $40 plus my target visa for an additional 5% off would be a pretty big savings.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.