Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
Since they're guaranteed to sell XX million of every iGadget they release, how about they ****** stock up on the damn things ahead of launch to meet the very much expected demand? This is just a charade... like clubs that keep people standing in a huge line outside as a human billboard, even though the place is nowhere near full.

BlueParadox

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Most of them are idiots. Others simply like the size and don't care about specs or having the latest gadgets with can be seen as idiocy by some others ...

If time is money, and you claim that those who buy iPad minis are idiots, yet you spend your time coming to an Apple rumors site name calling and picking fights - then I'm curious: how do you define an idiot?

Last edited:

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
Even Amazon.com's homepage is dissing the ipad mini.

Would you have, for some very strange reason, assumed they wouldn't? Of course Amazon is "dissing" it. It's as close to a direct competitor for the Kindle Fire HD as Apple is ever likely to put out. Did you think Amazon would be excited about that? It's marketing...do what you can to convince people that your product is better than your competitor's product.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
you can still walk into a Best Buy on launch and get one EASILY, iPads are made in abundance and are not hard to find like iPhones are after launch

this "sell-out" term is so misleading and just to drive hype

Allenbf

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
Elsewhere, USA
Who said that, exactly? People like me griping isn't the same as saying it won't sell.

Last I checked, this was macrumors. Not macfans. This is news about Apple. Not praise-Apple only. Speaking of which, it should be pointed out I was warned for calling someone a name. This person is calling someone a name, too.

The majority of members here enjoy using Apple products. That's pretty much why we're here, to see the latest news or rumor that Apple is up to. If you (or anyone else) comes here simply to troll, really - just get lost. It's one thing to have different opinions, totally another thing to name people who choose to buy the mini as "idiots."

If you don't want one, don't get one. Simple as that. If another person wants one, or chooses to buy the Kindle or whatever, good for them too. Life is about choices. Grow up.

BlueParadox

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Since they're guaranteed to sell XX million of every iGadget they release, how about they ****** stock up on the damn things ahead of launch to meet the very much expected demand? This is just a charade... like clubs that keep people standing in a huge line outside as a human billboard, even though the place is nowhere near full.

Or Apple could release new/updated products such iPads and iPhones in fewer countries on release date. Have more of the first wave stock available in those countries.

everything-i

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2012
London, UK
Never underestimate the number of idiots in the world willing to part with almost double the cash for a technically inferior product, simply because it has a picture of a fruit on it.

Haters gona hate and the hate is strong in this one.

Seriously though maybe this is just the product that many people have been waiting for, after all to the vast majority of the population spec sheets are meaningless they just want easy to understand devices that can do stuff that they want to do. Apple seem to be able to appeal to this sector of the population consistently, you know the large majority you are referring to as idiots.

But I suppose, with your superior business intellect, you must know best which is why your probably a billionaire handing down your pearls of wisdom to the rest of us poor suckers. Or more likely you're just clueless:rolleyes:

FakeWozniak

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2007
IMO, I think the Amazon attack and the fervor by the Samsung Tab folks is because they recognize that a) Apple will sell millions of these this quarter, and b) Apple will make a profit off the hardware, not take a loss. It won't matter about ~50 pixel square per inch, an extra tinny sounding speaker, and a lower cost.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Speaking of which, it should be pointed out I was warned for calling someone a name. This person is calling someone a name, too.

OT - I believe name calling is a problem (from a Rules point of view) when it is in direct reference to an individual, not a general pejorative for a group.

That said...name calling (of an individual or group) is an annoying example of the inability to make a well reasoned point.

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
Lets not forget that Amazon and Google (Nexus Brand) mainly sell in the US/Canada. Whereas Apple sells world wide and the iPad Mini was released in more countries at one time than ever before.

I don't know why you guys even respond to some of these lame post. These people post for one reason and that is to get a rise.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Never underestimate the number of idiots in the world willing to part with almost double the cash for a technically inferior product, simply because it has a picture of a fruit on it.

I can't find the actual quote, but it went something like that:
"The most powerful computer in the world is useless without software to run on it."

To put it another way, let's talk about gaming: If I want to play Zelda and Metroid, a Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 will be useless to me.

Most people buy hardware to run the software they need, not the other way around. If you buy devices based only on the specifications, you're a nerd (not intended as an insult).

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'm looking forward to trying one out in the stores after the launch. I don't see why I would want or need a Mini, but sometimes, having one in your hands and using it for a while can make you reconsider things.

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
Lets not forget that Amazon and Google (Nexus Brand) mainly sell in the US/Canada. Whereas Apple sells world wide and the iPad Mini was released in more countries at one time than ever before.

I don't know why you guys even respond to some of these lame post. These people post for one reason and that is to get a rise.

Except the Nexus sells in Canada, America, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Spain ,etc.

I'm not trying to bash, but it sells in quite a bit of places. Just stating facts.

I'm not here to bash the iPad mini at all. I think if you get the Nexus or iPad its a win/win. I'm not a fan of all Android tablets, but the Nexus is a great device.

The only thing I find funny is the ipad mini is made out of iPad 2 parts and run Siri.... but the iPad 2 can't.

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago

What a stupid comment. Those people may simply have different needs than yours.

chrisbru

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2008
Austin, TX

Yup, that's it. It's totally the logo... Definitely not the smooth and reliable OS, premium build quality, and thousands of useful apps that work well. You nailed it.

Nungster

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
This launch is a total flop! I mean really it took this long to sell out of launch stock? Apple stock is going to nosedive!

/sarcasm

LoL I felt the same way when I heard about the white version selling out.

----------

They are releasing them as soon as the can build up a certain level of inventory. As magical as these devices may seem, they can't just wave a magic wand and make them appear. Look up a concept called "Just In Time Delivery" A guy named Demming made a lot of money teaching the concept.

TXCherokee

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2012
Even Amazon.com's homepage is dissing the ipad mini.

Of course they are, Amazon had the small tablet market locked up last Christmas.

But notice they only compare the specs that would be used for watching a movie. 3 of the 4 specs are basically the same thing, rehashed. Which is great if thats all you want to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.